“omg DONT STAY HERE!!”

Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fredonia
Reviewed 3 September 2010

the room was filthy and smelled bad. there were stains on the sheets and the windows were so filthy you couldnt see out of them ,someone had spilled something all over the furniture and housekeeping didnt clean it up. it looked like a place that people rented on the hour rather than a hotel from a national chain. seriously, stay some place else!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank adf11254
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk

Reviewed 2 August 2010

There are a couple of other motels at the same exit I would try first. A new Comfort Inn and a Best Western. The room was clean and the TV was nice. I could look out the window and see my truck and boat. The pool was ok and looked like it was used a lot.
The bathroom did not have a fan in it. The stairwell smelled like smoke. The front desk people were nice. There is a Applebees and a Bob Evans nearby. We got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed one night of our vacation because the other hotels in town were full. Very overpriced! Most expensive and absolutely the WORST room of our vacation. Halls and room shabby and dirty. Bed lumpy and uncomfortable. Chairs old, worn, and unable to be used. Peeling wallpaper and mold near the air conditioner. Bathroom tiny and shower could not be turned off. No secure key card entry to corridor. Anybody could be roaming those halls! Smoking and nonsmoking rooms mixed in same corridor so everything smelled bad. Courtyard in disrepair and overgrown with weeds. Ice and vending located with guest laundry in hot, filthy area. Doorknob falling off stairwell door. They justified overcharging us by calling this a "business" room. What a joke. It had a fridge with a partially consumed bottle of water left in it, and they left one bottled water and a granola bar on top of it. Ha! I guess the room had wi-fi, but we don't carry a laptop with us, so I don't know if it worked, but they had a business center in the lobby like all the other places we stayed on our vacation. Unlike the other - nicer - places, we couldn't use this one to check our email without swiping our credit card and getting ripped off for another $5 or $10. "Daybreak Breakfast" all carbs, not a bit of protein to be found.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TBirdKC
Reviewed 1 July 2010

These rooms are so pathetically dirty! I was able to watch the house keepers make a bed and my suspicions were conformed, They kept the thick blanket and the comforter on from the previous guest...I started to cry because this is like the only hotel in this area under 130 a night so we had to stay.
I do all the cleaning in my room. There is a dollar tree a crossed the street and I bought about 20 dollars worth of cleaning supplies, and about 7 cheap towels, and went to wal-mart, that is just around the corner, and bought 2 pair of cheap sheets and some blankets.
Yes...my husband was like"what in the world?" but after I told him what I saw, he was thankful. So, now I don't feel too gross staying here because I do all the cleaning and laundry I even vacuum myself . So if you don't care to go through all the trouble I did to make yourself feel comfortable (AND CLEAN) go ahead and stay here, but I would never in my living life recommend this filthy place to anyone!
I just noticed this little box in the corner saying we have zero tolerance for fake reviews! Well I wish this was fake but this is an absolutely true review from a very disappointed guest!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank kmtrembly
Reviewed 3 August 2009

We stayed here as a stop over for one night on the way home. It was dirty, smelly
and I couldn't wait for the night to pass so I could get out of here. I was so worried that they might have bed bugs. I wouldn't even shower here. Even my slippers were dirty when I got home. WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!! Kept having trouble with key card and lobby was a long way from room. When we left one of the key cards still wasn't working. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nanaeMassachusetts
Reviewed 21 June 2009

After having a terrible night at a Rodeway Inn, we came back to this Days Inn June 12 and 13-09. We were here August of 08 for three nights and had a great time. When the clerk (Jason) couldn't find our reservation, he told us not to worry, and took care of us right away, and stillgot the internet rate. The room was as expected. It was clean, the beds were comfortable. We didn't bother with the breakfast. The pool was nice and warm, the way my wife likes it. The hot tub was a bit over chlorinated, but better to over-clean than to underclean. We'll definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2009

Our room wasnt that bad at all.Housekeeping could take more time on their cleaning.Beds were comfortable.Front desk gentleman was very pleasent.A little pricey.Restraunt had great food and great service.I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
di05551, General Manager at Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2009

We want to thank you for your positive feedback. We are working really hard to make sure our guests enjoy their stay and have a fabulous experience. We have several other enhancements in line for our hotel over the course of the next few months. We hope to see you again.
Please contact us directly if we can assist you with a future stay.

Regards,

Days Inn of Fredonia Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredonia
Comfort Inn
No photo provided
Budget Inn
#2 of 2 in Falconer
Red Roof Inn Jamestown - Falconer

Been to Days Inn Fredonia/Dunkirk? Share your experiences!