“They don't take credit cards”

De John's Italian Spaghetti House
Ranked #13 of 39 Restaurants in Fredonia
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I am always amazed this restaurant refuses to accept credit cards. This is no hotdog stand & many people expect to use a credit card. They actually have an ATM by their bar which is convenient but seems utterly unnecessary. Get with the times unlike virtually every other restaurant. Start to take credit cards and reduce the massive inconvenience to your customers.

5  Thank Jonmun

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at De John's so many times throughout the years and have been disappointed the last few times I have been there. Definitely a hole-in-the-wall type place (which I love). I specifically requested this place for my birthday dinner with my family, and had to apologize profusely because their meals were awful. I usually go with the spaghetti. Can't go wrong. Their sauce and meatballs are good. My mom had chicken Alfredo, but was then informed they were out of chicken (on a quiet Sunday evening!?). My dad had onion rings and a burger. They brought the burger out with nothing on it and the onion rings were freezing cold. He had to ask for toppings for the burger and it was brought back with shredded salad lettuce and a tomato butt (stem end of the tomato) and that's it. No cheese, no mayo, no onion or pickle. Maybe they don't know how to make American food? The greenhouse room where we were seated also smelled very musty. I was really disappointed by one of my local favorites. Spend the few extra dollars and go to Rocco's or EBC.

6  Thank SMILLER5
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This restaurant provides authentic, classic Itallian meals at a fair price. I frequently order the eggplant parmasean as I have not been disapointed by it yet.

Walking in you will notice the overcrowded feel as you walk through narrow isles between tables, so its not the place for romance. It has that old look that needs updating but the service was quick.

If you want a decent pasta at a decent place then its the "go to" in Fredonia

2  Thank SonjaV1
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I had the seafood platter with wild caught salmon,shrimp ,scallops,and veggies,delicious .
I also had the eggplant with pasta,with their home made sauce

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Entries priced at $5.99 and warm family run business. De John's is the kind of place with family photos, local paraphernalia on the walls and paper placemats. I love this place, and I think the value is unmatched.

Here's where it gets tricky though: it's a love / hate kind of place. I love it, my husband hates it. I have friends and family split on their feelings as well.

Angel hair pasta in red sauce is my favorite! I love their meatballs too. It's fast, and the staff is wonderful.

I say to give it a whirl, with the very affordable prices - it's worth seeing if you're a De John's lover too!

2  Thank RadRosie