“A great place to stay and have your golf outing!”

Thunderhart Golf Course at Sunny Hill
Ranked #1 of 1 Freehold B&B and Inns
lido beach
“A great place to stay and have your golf outing!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have been organizing our golf outings for the past nine years. I can say that i finally found a resort that was well deserved for our club to go back to for the last three years. We have been to many golf resorst in the Catskills and Pennsylvania, and I can honestly tell you that the Thunderhart golf course met all of our excpectations! From the first e-mail i sent Kevin, asking for certain things to make our stay more enjoyable to the good by"s to his staff members, our stay was very enjoyable. From the condition of the golf course, our barbeque lunches under the pavillion ,our cocktail parties in the lounge, and our dinners made it all worth the trip. Special thanks to diane, donna , dina and ray for making us feel welcomed. I would definetly recommend this resort for your next golf outing.Kevin thanks again for a great outing!!!

Golf Chairmam
Bill Dara

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank bill d

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Kevin,
I would like to thank you, all of your staff and the whole resort, for allowing myself and a buddy to come out to Thunderhart and enjoy the gem of a course you have there! The course was a lot more than expected! Very challenging and a true pleasure to play!
The staff that you have were very hospitable and very accommodating to my guest and myself. We both agree that we will be back to enjoy Thunderhart again and hope that we can get over to Sunnyhill and enjoy the experience there.
Again to you, your staff, and the whole resort, thank you very much for a great experience and a very enjoyable time.
If you could please send me some information about your stay and and play opportunities.

Bill Sheehan

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The Thunderhart was just wonderful. I enjoyed my stay there very much. The course was challenging and in a very good condition. The room was clean and comfortable. I'd like to thank all staff members including Kevin, Ray, Diana, Kaitlin, Tory, and others for their great hospitality. I definetely want to come to the Thunderhart again with gmy family or my friends!

• Stayed July 2013
Valley Stream, New York, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2013

What a trip....thanks to all the wonderful staff this was a great trip.
The entire staff is very friendly and courteous, willing to help.
This is a yearly trip for us for the past 15 years and I was told this was one of the best trip.
The atmosphere was amazing with a challenging golf course. Great amenities, once you are checked in no need to drive. For sure will revisit this place with my family.

Room Tip: The rooms are all walking distance to the tee box.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Thunderhart Golf course is challenging, without being intimidating. Course is in good shape and well maintained. My wife and I stayed at the associated Sunny Hill Resort where the grounds were beautiful. The staff at both the resort and the golf course were very quest focused and went the extra yard to make sure the stay was enjoyable. Would highly recommend Thunderhart/Sunny Hill to couples, families, or groups of friends looking for a stress free getaway.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Fall River
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Won a trip at a golf show in Feb but Kevin Smith and his staff made the trip more memorable. beautiful views in the mountains. nice challenging golf course from either sets of tees.good for average and more experienced golfer. accomodations were very nice which made it more relaxing after a day of golf

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FallRiverJerry
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We just got back from a Stay and Play weekend with Thunderheart.

You could not beat the price - $155 for three rounds, overnight, dinner/breakfast. Amazing!

The rooms were great. No complaints here. The Staff was friendly and helpful. The course was in great shape!

We will be coming back every year and hopefully bringing back more golfers each year.

Thanks again Kevin (golf pro)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Freehold
Albergo Allegria
Gavin's Irish Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwallville
Mountain Treasure Bed and Breakfast
Bavarian Manor Country Inn & Restaurant

Been to Thunderhart Golf Course at Sunny Hill? Share your experiences!