“Great Fun Golf Course”

Thunderhart Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Freehold
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Live 40 minutes away and always enjoy playing this course and the gorgeous view of the Catskill Mountains. The owners keep the entire place immaculate (also Sunny Hill Golf Course) and the food is always good. The staff is friendly. Cannot say enough good things about this place.

There are newer reviews for Thunderhart Golf Course

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have played this course with my cigar-loving golfing buddies for the last three years and I always ask if they want a different course, and they all say NO! Get an early tee time. We are always there by 7am on a weekend, and then grab a beer at the turn on 9. Some holes are narrow, some have heavy dog-legs left and right, but the view of the Catskills from up on the mountain is not to be missed! Challenging, yes! Easy? No. Plenty of water hazards and beach resorts (if you know what I mean).
The staff is really good, and the little cafe also good, and if you need a box of balls, prices are almost good as online. Last time I lost 3 tubes of balls. I'm a duffer, what can I say? It's all about camaraderie and let me just say, this is one of the most challenging of the 20-30 courses in the Catskill region.
I've reviewed this course before but last year in August was crisp and clear albeit a little damp, and Bambi will probably be there!
Love this course!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have had our cigar club golf outing at Thunderhart for the last 2 years and plan to be back this summer for a repeat. Service is great, and the course is narrow at points and lots of woods in which to shank your shots! I think I went through an entire box of balls last year! Make a reservation, get there early stop by for a Guinness at the turn to 10. We play from the white tees since we're not exactly Tiger Woods material. It's more about comaraderie and cigars!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

What a great getaway!!! Great golf, food, and views! Everyone was friendly and very accommodating!!! The course was top rate! We had a great time!!! Well worth the trip!!

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just finished up a weekend at Thunderhart. We went on a whim Fall of 2012 and liked it so much went back in September 2013. Thunderhart is a lovely course in the Catskill mountains. Very challenging and in wonderful condition. Kevin and his staff can not do enough to make your golf day a great one. Very reasonable prices for golf, dogs, burgers and beers. We'll be back. Thunderhart has a small motel, on site with a pool and a game room/bar - very reasonable rates, very clean rooms, old, but large and worked for us. Also cute pub in town for an easy dinner. Wish I had a golf tournament to set up here.