“Food so good it outweighed anything else”

Bracco's Clam & Oyster Bar
Ranked #56 of 111 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am a service oriented person. But there have only been 2 places I've ever gone where the food alone made up for any other issues - and this was one of them. We were a bit taken aback by the appetizer prices, as we were just going to get a few to share for a lunch. However when the food came we saw why,and it was all worth it. Coconut shrimp was Giant and Delicious, Seafood Bisque was had really amazing flavor (and I've had a lot of bisques before), oysters on the half shell were extremely fresh and clean and delicious, and steamers were just great. We didn't try any entrees, but I can recommend coming here just for those items - they truly were fantastic.

2  Thank grubyrun

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I live less than a mile away from the Nautical Mile and it is a great area to go to in the summer. Brocco's has become a popular spot and I do have to say I love the music, location on the water and dancing area. HOWEVER, there are a few instances that have really turned me off! First, ok so Brocco's is on the water and yes at certain times of the day there are bugs that fly around ... what else would you expect ... but as I'm seated at the outside bar waiting for my drink to be made what do I see? The bartender spraying herself with bug spray RIGHT BEHIND THE BAR! You could see the bug spray going all over the bottles and glasses! That is toxic and irresponsible. I guess the motto is spend more for drinks but get the bug spray taste for free! When I kindly suggested she shouldn't spray near the glasses she gave me a look and walked to the other end of the bar and sprayed again! More on the bartenders later ... Second, my boyfriend and I decided to try the new restaurant area for a quick bite to eat and watch the soccer game. We sat at the bar and waited ... and waited ... and waited for the bartender to come over. Luckily we weren't starving. Finally we placed our order after 20 minutes of (mind you we didn't even get asked to order drinks either!) We figured the bartender was probably new and we gave her the benefit of the doubt. We ordered coconut shrimp and crab cakes which shouldn't take long. Well, lets just say it was the second half of the soccer game before we got our food! Ok fine, since the game was keeping us distracted we could let the timing go - but the food was COLD and it was brought out with no napkins or utensils. We asked the bartender for utensils and she brings one knife and one fork ... really? So we get her attention again and ask for napkins (which weren't brought with the first set of utensils!) and when she comes back she literally throws down the napkins on the bar and walks away. My last comment will be about the bartenders. They only have female bartenders and how should I say this, their job description must be to act like the biggest you know what when you are working. I have talked to my guy friends and they told me they hate going to Brocco's because of the bartenders! Can you believe it guys hate going to a bar because of the girl bartenders! If it wasn't for the good music I would never go there again but I have to admit they have great music. I would just drink and eat somewhere else before you go there for dancing!

3  Thank Christina I
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Used to come to this spot a few times every summer with my family. Took my husband here this past father's day and I will not be back. They expanded after Sandy. The place looks nicer but food and service has suffered.

The Good
Nice outdoor eating area decorated with a beachy vibe. Two stars for the decor.

The Bad
1. Waitress was pretty much incompetent
2. Our drinks had dirt or something in them...all 6 of them (3 waters, 3 lemonades) had stuff at the bottom.
3. Overpriced. $30 for over cooked tuna, what I am sure was rice a roni (with extra salt) and over cooked corn on the cob (likely frozen)
4. Plastic utensils, cups and plates for a $142 meal ($120 for food plus tip)

7  Thank Yardielady
Reviewed 13 January 2014

if you like to drink, dance a lot, eat good food, listed to good music and meet people then Bracco's is the place. My husband and I have been going to Bracco's for over 5 years. We always have a crazy good time. The owners are very nice.

1  Thank WORLDTRAVELERSSSS
Reviewed 9 December 2013

this was the place to be, for hot days with the boat drinkin heavy with the crew, all the girls come here and it was ON !!!
now that im older, reality sets in.
the food sucks , prices suck, attitudes
stay north of this place

2  Thank Rick L