“I don’t have the patience for this place”

Bracco's Clam & Oyster Bar
Ranked #56 of 111 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Too much “scene”. Food is decent, very high priced, and service is absolutely horrible. When we were there it was super buggy on the back deck. If you want some live music or a hopping bar scene, drop in. Just be sure your expectations are low.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

I went there mid-week in early September with 2 friends. It's a decent-sized, attractive restaurant on the Woodcleft canal. There were only 4 other diners in the entire place. Service was awful, food was EXTREMELY over-priced!! I ordered baked stuffed clams and a cup of soup as my meal. I sent the clams back. They were very, very tiny. If there was any stuffing at all, it was a miracle. Price was outrageous and I refused to be robbed. So, my dinner was just a cup of soup, which was mediocre, at best. One friend had Fish and Chips and she said the fish was dry. The drinks were very expensive! All in all, great location, but that's about it. Don't waste your money. Can't figure out why the service was so bad when there were only 2 tables with customers. I think I counted 7 people, including us. What a rip-off! There are plenty of good restaurants on Woodcleft Ave. No need to go here.

1  Thank Carol E
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We took a drive to Freeport on a beautiful, sunny midweek day because I really wanted a lobster roll and thought Freeport would be a great place to find one. Bracco's had a sign announcing,"World's Best Lobster Roll," so I took the challenge. It's actually the world's best-hyped lobster roll. Small, devoid of any seasoning, and seriously expensive, it came only with a handful of chips. My husband had a an equally taste-free swordfish sandwich. He kept opening the roll and looking at his fish. I asked what was wrong and he said, "I don't believe this is swordfish." Nevertheless, we really enjoyed the dockside setting, and our waitress was friendly and alert. $65 for two sandwiches, an iced tea and a beer (cans only)? Never again.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Had outdoor "beach" seating on Labor Day. Great lobster roll and enjoyed my rum punch ($15 price tag for Freeport? Down a star for that)
We all enjoyed our food and the ambiance of the outdoor seating. Cool place!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

For a seafood restaurant I thought the corn on the cob was really good. The food was cold, very salty, dried out and no flavor, not to mention the food was overly priced. The food was reheated but still cold. The Manhattan clam chowder was good. Had the seafood platter which was $32.00 for a small platter. Now I realize, people are into the beer and music and partying so they don't care about the food. Most of the restaurants on the Nautical mile were only 3 stars according to trip advisor. Most of the restaurants are into partying that's where the money is.
Will go somewhere else but not to Freeport again.