“Best sushi on the South shore” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
New York
“Best sushi on the South shore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Azuma is a small, but comfortable restaurant. The staff is friendly nd very accommodating. They gave us 20%. Off our bill for dinner even though we did not know about the coupon and promotion. The sushi is divine! Their tuna dumplings are an unusual and tasty appetizer, beautifully presented. Try the Fireball appetizer as well. The rolls were very fresh and contained unusual and delicious combinations of ingredients. They have a wine and beer license, but not a liquor license. This is my new favorite restaurant, I have been there 3 times and have never been disappointed. The lunch menu is a real bargain as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chillie

New York
“Freeport Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

Picked up some food on way to our marina - it was a hot day and sushi was what we wanted. Stopped by Azuma based on the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and Yelp, and because it is in the same town the marina is. I am picky about sushi, given that I have eaten at some of the top sushi places in the country. Well, all I can say is that the sushi at Azuma is the best I have had in a long, long time. I placed my order on the phone, the waitress who took the order was very pleasant, and the food was ready at the time they told me it would be. Had Thai spring rolls, yummy, and the sushi for two - great variety of very fresh sushi and rolls. Can't wait to go back - will make this a weekly stop!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Slats62
Freeport, New York
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I ordered delivery service 2 times and the food was ausome. I could eat there everyday expecially since I like spicy food. I also love sushi and I have to try that too. Thumbs up for this new experience.

Marilyn, Freeport NY

• Visited June 2013
Long Beach, New York
“Roll Out The Welcome Mat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

The owners of this Sushi and Asian-fusion cuisine restaurant opened approximately a month ago. They are enthusiastic, creative and bring out plates of food that are both colorful and bursting with layers of flavor. They are hoping to turn heads a bit in Freeport, where they hope people will give their sushi and fusion cuisine a try. One of the owners, Jane, is willing to talk to you, explain what you are eating, and even asks you what you think of the food. The decor is modern-Asian, and the kitchen staff even comes out into the dining area to see if you are satisfied. Can't ask for a more pleasant experience. If you can find a coupon, it will make your experience even more enjoyable. BTW lunch is served here, although the lunch menu is small and is a work-in-progress. REALLY important is that this restaurant is tucked behind a Colombian restaurant, on the side of a parking lot, so it is a little difficult to find. Roll out the welcome mat to our new neighbors!

• Visited May 2013