“Excellent”

Cross street: Front Street
Long Island, New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My group of 8 went to the Nautical Mile for an early dinner on a Saturday night, looking for a wheelchair accessible restaurant. I saw the ramp into Rachel's and called asking if they could seat us. The young woman who answered the phone said that a party of 10 didn't show up for their reservation and would call them to make sure they cancelled and then would call me back to let me know if they could seat us. Lo and behold, she called back 30 seconds later and we got seated 2 minutes after that. I'm so glad we lucked into Rachel's. All the food was delicious, the wait staff was friendly and helpful and they were very accommodating to my friend in the wheelchair. I'm not a big seafood eater myself, so I ordered a burger, expecting to get a mundane, bland lump of beef. I was very pleasantly surprised when the burger arrived and it was honestly one of the best burgers I've ever gotten (and in a seafood restaurant to boot).

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank John C

“Average Lunch, Nice location”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Went here for lunch with my mother and her friend. My mother uses a wheelchair and the hostess was fast in coming to the door to help us in and out. We had a lovely table by the window. The location is nice with a good view and some outdoor seating. It was the nicest part of the lunch other than the company unfortunately.
The server came fairly quickly and since my mother cannot have a drink she modified the watermelon sangria for her when we asked for club soda instead of sparkling wine (although we were charged for the full price of an alcoholic drink). She took our order and that was the last we saw of her. A food runner brought our food after a fairly long time, although they were not busy. There were three/four tables other than ours indoors and we saw her go to those tables, and despite our attempts to give her a look (I have worked in restaurants for years and would NEVER snap, wave, or yell).
The food was ok. Not mmmm good, not terrible, but ok. My mother had fish and chips which she liked and our friend had the clams and she enjoyed them as well. I had the lobster sliders, which were ok, but the three sliders came with a heaping tablespoon of salad. A lot more bun than anything. The truffles chips were soggy, not very flavorful, and also about a handful. It was an ok lunch portion, but for $19 I expected more lobster salad and was disappointed in my meal.
Because of my mothers condition she tires quickly so I had to ask one of the five servers standing with the host next to our table chatting around a computer for the check. The gentleman that helped us was polite and quick in helping us leave.
But overall it did not stand out, and I would try other places before I'd ever go back.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank LetsGo927
Long Island City, New York
“Japanese Tuna Nacho Wrap, The Best”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Not on the menu, but if you ask for it, they will make it. Made with Ahi Tuna and chili ginger aioli sauce. Best wrap!! Outdoor waterfront patio is also great.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank YOGIBEAR516
Westbury, New York, United States
“Always Excellent”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

As always, the food, service and reception at Rachel's Waterside Grill is exceptional. The outdoor seating on the Water makes this an outstanding choice.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying the staff are extremely nice and accommodating. I'm going to make this review short and sweet.. My friend and I dined here Saturday evening, crowded, with an hour wait, which we waited. Staff were friendly and helpful. ...my friend ordered the twin lobster tails stuffed with crabmeat. ..he was not impressed. The stuffing was just that. ...stuffing with a hint of crab, he wasn't a happy camper. .( I felt sad because this was his first time dining st nautical mile) one of the lobster tails appeared old, the meat was not properly prepared although he requested well done. When we brought this to our waitresses attention, and you could clearly see the difference between the tails, her response was, the chef ate the tail we had concerns about and said it was nothing wrong with it. ...#blankstare
I ordered the broiled seafood platter, needless to say, I dumped the rice, scraped off all of the heavy breading on top of my dish ate one shrimp, and then requested for a bag to go #whydragthisout....Overall, the food was ok..my salad and seafood chowder were great, which I enjoyed. My friend stated he will not be returning, I on the other hand, will give it another shot. ....

1 Thank Love2travel4reel