“Best in Town”

Raimo's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 103 Restaurants in Freeport
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Ordered two large pies with four different toppings. The Chicken Marsala was new to us and very good - would order again in the future. The other toppings (sausage, pepperoni and meatball) were ordered for out-of-town visitors who declared they were "meat eaters" when asked what toppings they would prefer. They enjoyed the different toppings and we really liked the Marsala topping. My absolutely favorite entrée is the eggplant rollitini.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Went to Raimo's a few months on the recommendation of some friends who live in Freeport - not sure if the hype (including several excellent tripadvisor reveiws) gave us expectations of fabulous food, but we were very disappointed. On our first visit, we ordered heros - soggy untoasted bread, and the overall sandwich was dry - not enough sauce on it, overcooked chicken with several pieces of chewy tendons/grizzle. The spinach roll was very good though. Our second visit, we decided to order pizza, since our friends said it was the best pizza around - well maybe in Freeport, but we live one town over in Merrick, and I can tell you there are at least 3 places in Merrick with much better pizza pies, and even a few other places in Freeport with better pizza. The pie at Raimo's had a very thick, cardboard tasting crust, and a fairly flavorless sauce. Not sure if the 2 nights were just off nights for the place, but it was enough to make us not want to go there again.

1  Thank Slats62
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Shrimp fradiavo is excellent. Nice Italian ambiance, Good wine list and veal parmasian is also good,.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Having lived in Freeport for 25 years, I have taken great pizza at Raimo's for granted. Now living in South Carolina, Raimo's is the first stop when we visit Long Island. The only problem is I can't eat the whole menu at one sitting. I guess their stuffed pizza has to be the best I've ever had ... anywhere! I look forward to visiting this Summer, although the place has never been the same without Tony.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 6 April 2013

When we lived in Freeport Long Island we used to be regulars at Raimos. Absolutely the best pizza carryout in the area, but also great pasta and salads. The also have a restaurant dining room - however that is not their forte, in my opinion.