“rooms are loud”

Hyatt Place Garden City
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Reviewed 1 April 2012

my only complaint is that the rooms aren't sound proof. There were a few people in the room next to us conversing at a normal and acceptable level and we could hear them pretty much clear as day. Not sure how well the building was built, as we could see the light from the room next door through top of the wall, between the wall and ceiling, when all the lights were out. which to me is insane!!!

1  Thank waterproofpanda

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Checked in with no problems as they were ready for us. Got to our room on the 6th floor which looked out into the city. The first thing I always do after bringing all my stuff into the room, is strip the sheets off the bed to inspect. Inspection passed. Everything had been cleaned extremely well. The room was well appointed. Unlike my last stay at the Hotel Vianna, this room had a full sized sectional couch, complete with pullout bed. The TV was full-sized, probably 44". My only point of contention is the bathroom sink is completely open to the bedroom sleeping area.

Quiet, clean, and well appointed. Will stay here again

Reviewed 24 March 2012

Booked for four nights but left after two. The smell in the room was of terrible body odor or bad feet. They came to spray something like Febreeze on the carpet. I didn't ask to move rooms because we had already unpacked -- poor decision on my part. The other thing is the bed is right next to the air vent which blew on us the entire night and turned off and on which woke us through the night. The second night we turned the fan on so it wouldn't turn off and wake us, but it made the room very cold. As I tucked my nose at the edge of the comforter (covered by the sheet, of course), I realized it wreaked of bad pit smell. So disgusting! We left the next morning to The Hampton Inn next door, which was a bit more worn but had a better breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kendell
hpgc, General Manager at Hyatt Place Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

I apologize for the issues experienced during your December visit. I agree it would be a disconcerting feeling to say the least and I have discussed the issue with the relevant staff member. Regarding the heating and cooling unit in the room, it will stay at the temperature you set. If the room temperature changes the ac or heat will cycle on as needed. Finally I am pleased to tell you that we are revamping the breakfast menu this spring and it will include a complimentary hot breakfast.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed here July 2011 when my husband was in NY for business. What a nice place to stay. Clean, Comfortable and the beds were the best hotel beds I've ever slept in. I seriously want to know who makes them so I can get one. When we got home I bought a set of the pillows online.

Close to a train stop to get into NYC easily. The train was only a few miles away. You can take the train into a major transfer station(forgot the name) and get almost anywhere you want in NYC. You are also surrounded by shopping areas and restaurants close to the hotel. The only place to walk safely to(without having to cross major roads) would be the Wendy's close by.

Service was good. Continental breakfast was typical, but appreciated. They had a nice selection of cold juices. It was a nice place to stay. Rooms had a couch with a nice flat screen that could be viewed in the sitting area as well as the bedroom area. There was also a fridge and a nice work/desk area. We would definitely stay there again or recommend it to our friends/family traveling to the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Kimberly J
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Looks/smells brand new. Centrally located for shopping and events at Nassau colosseum. Indoor pool could be warmer but I'm being picky. Nice size rooms and ok food selection for continental breakfast. It's worth a try.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Stayed here one night for a wedding and was very happy to find a new modern hotel with great amenities. Most hotels on long island are old and overpriced but not the Hyatt Place Garden City. The rooms were quite large and had nice flat screen tv’s, free wifi and a comfortable bed and couch. My only complaint would be that the water pressure was rather weak and they had the low-flow shower heads. Besides that I could not find a fault with the hotel (and I usually find many).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Great hotel. HUGE rooms!! Everything was clean and very spacious. Food downstairs was great- there was a free breakfast! Pretty good location. Great hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection

Been to Hyatt Place Garden City? Share your experiences!