“bed bug and broken faucet” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Garden City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Place Garden City
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
New York City, New York
“bed bug and broken faucet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I always stay at Hyatts because they are generally clean, modern and just simply nice. This hotel is different. The service was warm but there were bed bugs and a broken faucet in our room. We had a 2 queen bed room and after seeing the bed bug my wife and I had to sleep on one bed. I tried to get in touch with management for 2 weeks but heard no response. I would not recommend this particular Hyatt location and I hope management can see this and take care of the problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank alexsK9062JO
hpgc, General Manager at Hyatt Place Garden City, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I apologize your stay was so unsatisfactory. I would love to speak with you further on this but have no contact information to reach out to you. I personally have no records of your call. Something like this needs to be addressed ASAP not through a third party website. We have top ratings for our customer service and anyone here would go out of their ways to assist you.
All of our rooms are doubled inspected every day before guests check in. I am unsure how a sink faucet can break like that in a room or how you used the sink during your stay? We do use a professional pest control company that inspects the hotel regularly. The bug you show in your picture is a centipede. It’s not a “bed bug” as you stated. I would have loved to call the exterminator to come out that day to check the room if I would have known. We take pest control very serious at this location. Since our windows do not open in the room, it is extremely rare when something comes into a room.
I do hope you will call me directly so we can take care of the situation. I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This is a very new and clean hotel. The rooms were great, the fitness center had all of the necessities, the breakfast was satisfying and the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Roosevelt Field mall, which offers a variety of dining and shopping options. It also has easy access to several major highways. I'd certainly stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was a bit disappointed with my recent stay at the Hyatt in Garden City. I expected faster wi-fi, a hot tub by the pool, a small complimentary shaving cream, and nicer amenities. The rooms were large though and the service was fine other than being met with extreme skepticism when I asked if I could borrow a broom to clean up a small mess I made. The bed was comfortable and the room had a fridge and nice T.V. The lobby/small cafe provides a good meeting spot as well. I was disappointed with the Continental breakfast with the tasteless eggs, sugary juices, and sub-par coffee.

On the whole, I probably wouldn't stay at this hotel again, not because it's a bad hotel, but because I think for the money you could probably find better in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew K
North Hampton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is located a block off a very busy road, but it is very quiet. You could walk to shopping, restaurants, and it's a short hike to the mall and movies. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would stay again when visiting family in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel staff went above and beyond during a recent stay with two kids under five. They brought noodles for the pool and even helped navigate getting the kids in the car without getting soaked during a torrential downpour. We will continue to stay here when visiting family on Long Island.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary L
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We've stayed here a few times and always had a good experience. The standard room is very large, with an attached sitting area.

The pool is really nice, I wish it was open earlier in the morning, but it definitely does the job. Lobby is nicely appointed and the continential breakfast is good, with a few warm options (waffles, sausage) in addition to the standard muffins and cereal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Above Average: Due to construction on our home, my husband and I stayed here for five weekday nights and found the place to be clean and neat throughout. Comfortable bed, pillows, and desk chairs; couch for sitting, not so much. 6th floor room, quiet and spacious, but furniture showing some wear and tear. Coffee at breakfast, delicious. Plenty of parking. Convenient location, but nothing picturesque, just functional. Felt safe.

Needs Work: Good cold menu items for breakfast, but hot menu choices were unappetizing, greasy, cheesey. Dirty butler cart was kept in plain view in eating area. Staff does not bus tables. Also, in our room, sink and vanity was in the main area, not in the toilet/shower area--not my preference, not convenient, not private.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
#3 of 4 in Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury

Been to Hyatt Place Garden City? Share your experiences!