“Great service great food”

Rein Restaurant at Garden City Hotel
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stewart Avenue
Transit: LIRR - Garden City
Long Island, New York
“Great service great food”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

The staff at the Garden City Hotel are renowned for there service and Rein is no let down. The atmosphere is not what you would expect as it looks more like a hotel bar/lounge and is not very large. However the comfortable seating allows you to really enjoy the fantastic menu. I would recommend trying the many top notch appetizers.

1 Thank JoeKool79

Astoria, New York
“Amir's drinks are top notch”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

You must have the Bloody Mary here. It is exactly what a Bloody Mary should be. If you are not in the mood for a Bloody, Amir's drink creations are extensive and appealing.

Long Beach, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Dining”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I love this restaurant! The service is excellent! The food and presentation is exceptional! ( We eat there two or three times a week)

Visited January 2013
New York
“Stick to Brunch”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Had bunch at Rein...FABULOUS...so had to try it for dinner. We were a party of four and I had requested, based on reviews, a table in the back part of the restaurant where it is more quiet, away from the bar area. We arrived 1 hr early so we could have pre-drinks at the bar. We all had coats and when I asked the maitre d' if there was a place to check them he looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about and seemed very reluctant to check our coats. He then tried to talk me into a table in the bar area stating that "there is no one back there in the other dining room and that we would be lonely". I explained that I still wanted a table in the back. We had our drinks (very good) and relaxed at the bar for an hour. When it came time to be seated, the maitre d' AGAIN said we should sit in the bar area...so, rather than argue, we sat in the bar area where it was loud and the TVs were distracting...especially when you have a huge sports fan for a hubby who can't take his eye off the game! Fine...our waiter, very pleasant guy, came over to welcome us and began by apologizing to us for not having any specials prepared due to the fact that the restaurant is so busy. REALLY? I thought the rear dining room was EMPTY?!?! How do you not have specials on a menu on a Saturday night during the Christmas/Holiday season? So, we ordered off the regular menu, which in my opinion, is over priced for what they offer. The food was good, though...but not FABULOUS. $15 for a scallop appetizer that consisted of three, silver dollar sized scallops and some papaya and $29 for a small piece of sea bass (couldn't have been more than 3 ozs and it was an end piece) and some lentils. I left hungry. The lamb shank that one of us order appeared to be the only thing worth its weight in $$$. In the end, our rude maitre d' (George) bought us our desserts...and that was nice of him, but I would have preferred to pay for my own desserts and just be greeted with a welcoming attitude and a smile. Overall, I was disappointed with my dinner experience at Rein. I felt it was over rated and I have NO issues paying good money for good food and do so regularly.

LONG ISLAND, NASSAU NY
“Never Let's You Down Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is a semi-annual ritual for me and my mom, royalty treatment and scrumptious food. Never let you down Sunday brunch is a must experience....don't even think about having a pancake or egg omlete. Continue with the 1/2 lobsters or prime rib...various well prepared dishes for even the most picky eaters...save room for the desserts !

• Visited August 2012