“Worst and Most expensive La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Gainesville, Florida
“Worst and Most expensive La Quinta”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Usually I like La Quinta hotels, but I was very disappointed with my visit to this one. I booked a non-smoking room and they gave me a smoking room. When I went to the front desk to ask for another room, there were 4 other people complaining about the same thing and the staff was rude to all of us and not very helpful (it took a lot of arguing for them to give us non-smoking rooms). The TV in the room only had 4 working channels (it said the others were unavailable). The room was clean and it was spacious, but the bed was not very comfortable. The bathroom was clean as well, but the pressure in the shower was not good enough and the water did not drain properly (by the end of my shower I was standing in water up to my ankles).

I was not expecting a fancy stay with great amenities (after all it is a La Quinta), but I have stayed in hotels at this price range that are much better (e.g., more comfortable rooms, better bathrooms, nicer facilities and more friendly/helpful staff). Overall, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Bumserdude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ronkonkoma, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed at another hotel and I guess this location may be having financial issues but the manager from the previous hotel I was staying at put in a bad guest comment about me. When I began looking for the laundry facilities it was about 12:30 I went back to the front desk where the manager refused to extend my stay. While he's allowed to do this he wouldn't give me an reason and proceeded to shout and yell than run down a list of bad guests he has. I called customer service about the manager and obviously that's a waste of time. This was my first time ever being in a la quinta hotel and it will for sure be the last time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank c d
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked this hotel for its proximity to Hofstra University, as well as the city of New York. Breakfast is appalling where there is not choice but use styrofoam all the way, it really felt like a student's hostel and even those I have seen better in my time. No healthy choices either. No mini fridge in the room or even a proper glass in the bathroom. Complimentary coach service is only "when available" and has to be booked in advance, so we were stuck using horrible taxi services, broken down taxis that one has to share. I will not be returning here ever. stay at the Hilton suites instead, closer to the university but much better value for your money.
My compliments to all the staff however, they were extremely courteous and helped out as much as they could.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lous N
West Boylston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Checked in after 9pm with no other customers around, and the check in process took much longer than it should have. Walked into the room, and it was clean, but very dated. It is also obviously a handicapped room, since the hanger rack is halfway down the wall, and there is no tub or shower enclosure and a shower seat in the bathroom. The walls are also paper thin. I can hear EVERY word my neighbor says.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kmc1211
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We've stayed at the LaQuinta before and were extremely satisfied being that I am a germaphobe and very hard to please at hotels..... This stay was very last minute, on Memorial Day weekend and, it was the first time we traveled with our new puppy. Although I thought the rate was a little high, I had to realize it was Memorial Day weekend and compared to other hotels, it was the cheapest for that weekend. The room and bathroom was extremely clean and the bed was comfortable. Our new puppy was also comfortable as well. We are planning to do some traveling this summer and will alway choose the Laquinta because of the cleanliness and they are pet friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

East Otis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is reasonably priced, near JFK airport and LaGuardia as well as Manhattan. The Long Island Railroad is nearby for a train to New York City. The staff is friendly and helpful and will recommend restaurants and places to visit and shop. An excellent Deli is next door. We have stayed there for family and friends events since moving from the area two years ago.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location, central to shopping, the south shore beaches and the quaint north shore towns. Very clean room. Could not have asked for more. Stay on the upper floors if you can to avoid the smoking rooms on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City? Share your experiences!