“Good Mediteranean Food”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
NYC
“Good Mediteranean Food”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Went here for a late lunch and had a lot of apps so as to taste as much as we could. We had the spicy feta, falafel, feta and spinach cigars, hummus and roasted eggplant, along with tadziki, and befteki too. These plates came with a nice home made warm pita with sesame seeds. Also a Geek salad. All the food was very good (except feta cigars - just ok), but it has the atmosphere of a somewhat fast-food joint. Cheap wooden chairs and paper napkins. The waitress we had was unfriendly and in a rush the whole time but polite. Even after tipping at 20% she ignored us on our way out. I would go back but don't expect a fine dining experience. They have their own parking, a plus.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AR1189

Long Island
“Good Food, NO ATMOSPHERE”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

For a quick salad for lunch or diner Wild Fig is the place to go. We had 45 minutes to eat if we were going to make a movie. We told the waiter and we finished eating with minutes to spare. The salads were very good. We had Greek and Mediterranean salads with either chicken, shrimp, calamari or salmon on top. All were delicious. Prices are very fair.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank MikeLongIsland
new york
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

this restaurant has the best food! Last night we were entertaining friends and decided to order in from Wild Fig. We have dined here various times, but as I am recuperationg from surgery, ordered in from them. First let me say that the way they carefully packaged the food made it easy to serve. The hot food stayed hot and the salads stayed cold. You can't always 'transport' take out food where the quality and taste are the same as if you were dining in.
We started with the mezze platter- delicious! We had a Greek Salad and a Pomegranate Salad. We had 2 pides ( their version of Pizza)- I recommend the one with shrimp- very tasty. We also had falafel and feta cigars. All is served with great bread. Our guests were very happy and we have left-overs for lunch tomorrow. I am looking forward to dining there again. One is our family
is a vegetarian and can always find lots of choices on the menu. What are you waiting for? Go there!!!

• Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Yummy Hummus!!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I have been here a few times and the food is good. They have a lunch menu that is worth coming for. The hummus is delicious and portions are well sized.
Last week when I was there I asked for my Salmon to be cooked without oil or butter and it came out dry and overcooked (because the time before my fish was swimming in oil). I cook fish without oil or butter all the time to keep it healthy and it still comes out moist so I was a bit disappointed.
With that being said, the salads and all other dishes I have had here were good and flavorful.
I will definitely be back as it is a cute neighborhood joint, but will choose something different.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Leslierapp
Fort Pierce, Florida
“Greek in Garden City”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

This is a place you definitely want to check out. The food is incredibly fresh and tasty. The pides are to die for, cooked in an open flame oven. Try the lamb chops for an indulgent treat. And their desserts...you'll see. Go and enjoy.