“Awesome burgers in a relaxed setting!”

Bobby's Burger Palace
Ranked #16 of 130 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bobby's Burger Palace (BBP) presents signature burgers inspired by Chef Bobby Flay's extensive travels throughout America and love of the grill in a convenient casual setting.
Garden City, New York
“Awesome burgers in a relaxed setting!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Now if you are looking at this review, you must be wondering if the burgers are any good. THEY ARE!!! In the world of 5 guys, Shake Schacks, Smashburgers, Jake Wayback Burgers....Bobby Flay has carved a burger nitch to serve decent quality burgers that you can really taste the meat...yes meat taste in a burger, who figures? He does this thing called "crunchified" which adds potato chips to any burger choice. Meh...it's alright, but I'm a purist so if you taste the regular burger with just plain old cheese and like it....then go for all the special creations they offer. There's a Miami burger with ham, swiss cheese, and pickles. There's a LA burger with avocado relish, watercress, cheddar cheese and tomato. My favorite is the Philadelpia burger with provolone cheese, griddled onions and hot peppers, so delish! Prices are reasonable and soda refills are complimentary. First you order and pay for your burgers like a fast food line(we've all done that), you find whatever seats you can find, the place brings out the food you order to where you are seated. Much nicer than the places you have to serve yourself. You actually eat on plates(plastic) and use metal utensils which makes it feel more upscale...nice touch Bobby Flay. Most of all...it's a burger place and if a burger place has decent burgers...it's a required food destination, right? See ya there!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank lejaceman

Hopewell Junction, New York
“A New Fave!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Finally had a chance to try this place. The decor is trendy and inviting, and the seating is set up almost like family style, so you're sitting next to complete strangers, but that's ok cuz Long Island peeps don't talk to anyone anyway. Lol. You order your food and pay when you walk in,mother find a seat. (Good luck with that if its really busy). We ordered burgers and sweet potato fries. Both were out of this world! My daughters burger was plain, I tried a bite and the meat was definitely top of the line. Very tasty, perfectly cooked and seasoned. I had the buffalo bleu burger. Hot sauce & blue cheese dressing. Delish! It was so good, we ordered more fries and another burger to share. 2 thumbs up! I'll be going back very soon!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kelli K
Berlin, Germany
“As advertised; Vanilla Malt less than expected”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Having read Bobby Flay's book on burgers and shakes, I was wondering in with rather high expectations on a Saturday afternoon. 5-10 minute line. Had a Miami Burger, which was indeed rare as ordered. On the small side of a $ 8 burger, though.
The malt was ok, but I can't say I'd be back to the place on account of the malt. Very odinary presentation & a rather warm glass. This was certainly not in line with the otherwise high standard.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Greyrock
Flushing, New York
“I expected better”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

After so many years of watching bobby Flay on television, I had high expectations for Bobby's Burger Palace. Sadly, on both of my visits, expectations fell far below what I had hoped for.
On my first visit, the fries were beautiful -- just the right shade of golden brown, perfect thickness, a feast for the eye. Unfortunately, the feast did not continue on my tongue. They were not crisp; they were kind of limp, and when I picked one up, grease oozed out. I think I ate two.
My burger, which I ordered plain, because I really love the flavor of a good burger made from quality beef, was overcooked. I'd ordered medium, got well done. It was dry, and there was no flavor. True, I could have dressed up my meal in one of the many ways offered, but I wanted the burger to speak for itself. It remained silent.
On my second visit, this time with a friend, I ordered the Miami burger with no pickles or mustard, medium. Again, I got well done and dry. And while they did leave off the mustard, I had to pick off the pickle myself. There was also a hard thing, either gristle or bone, in with the meat. I returned the burger to give them a second chance, and the second one was a little better, but I still had to pick off the pickles. My friend had the classic burger, and it was a bit rare, but he ate it anyway. His fries were better than mine were the first time, but still not crispy. The onion rings, however, were quite good.
We rounded out the meal with malteds. He had vanilla and I had chocolate. I did not taste malt; it was an ordinary-tasting milkshake, and a little too sweet. The vanilla was better.

Next time I want a good burger, I'll just go to my local diner. The food is better and much less expensive.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Carolyn B
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“A decent change of pace to burgers”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

Burgers were pretty good. Not spectacular. The burger sauces made them distictive and tastier than the plain base burger. Fries were crispy and good. Onion rings were incredibly thick. Great for me but my wife wasn't a fan. My daughter got the grilled cheese. She thought it was ok. Id go again if the opportunity presented itself but its not on my "have to go back" list.

• Visited April 2013