“Everything we needed”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Newburgh, New York
“Everything we needed”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Back to Garden City for another swim meet. The Hotel was great. Staff very helpful and accommodating. Free breakfast was better than most we have experienced at this type of property. Clean and generally comfortable, however our bed was quite mushy and we were on the first floor-kind of noisy from the overhead traffic. We would go back. Great location.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. We're glad you returned to our hotel with another swim meet. I'm also delighted we met all your expectations and hope that next time you stay we can earn a 5 out of 5. Thanks again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
St.Paul, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was our 4th stay at this hotel because it is near a local university. Extremely helpful and professional staff. They have helped us out with directions and train schedules, medical needs and receipt of a package. When the guests were too noisy next door we got a new room and did not have to pay for the sleepless night.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us. We are constantly reminding the staff to make sure we 'guarantee' our guests enjoy their stay or they don't pay. I'm delighted to see that our training has paid off and our staff turned what could have been a bad experience into a good one.
Thanks again for the great review and looking to serve you for a 5th time.
Leesburg, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This was my first time at this hotel and I was very pleased with the service I received and the cleanliness of the hotel. I held a meeting there and the conference accommodations were very nice as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted that you were treated well by our staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your accommodations as well. I will certainly pass on to the team that everything went well with your meeting space and accommodations as well.
Thank you again for your time and I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Garden City NY area
Miami, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2014

great location, walking distance to trader joes, shopping center, restaurants, etc. the hotel staff was friendly and extremely helpful. the remote wasnt working and they immediately brought a replacement, the room was clean and comfortable

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted that you were treated well by our staff. It's nice to see that good customer service does not go unnoticed. We are also proud of our location as well. The new Galleria Mall down the block has been a great addition to our area.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Having moved away from Long Island just a few years ago it is still strange to stay in a hotel while visiting. We've tried a couple different places during previous visits and I must say this has definitely been our best choice yet. Our daughter is in a wheelchair and travels with her service dog, the staff was all very friendly and helpful. The cleaning crew was amazing and figured out our abnormal schedule and were able to sneak in and clean our room without any issues. We initially ignored the breakfast thinking it was just your typical coffee and a muffin that we have seen so many times until somebody walked by with a plate of waffles and bacon. We didn't miss breakfast after that, it was all delicious and even kept our picky kids happy. Location is great near lots of shopping and our family (in case you want to visit them too). Pool was nice, hotel wasn't busy while we were there so it was just us swimming. One important note as I am reminded by the ratings below, there isn't an actual restaurant at the hotel, just breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted that you were treated well by our staff. It's nice to see that good customer service does not go unnoticed. I'm so glad the staff treated your daughter and service dog well. All our staff is put through extensive service animal and ADA communication training. I'm also delighted you were able to experience all the areas of our fine property.
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This was my second or third visit to this particular Hampton Inn. The were really accommodating in working with my company at reservation time, which encourages me to bring my business back in the future. The hotel is nice and clean with everything you'd expect from a Hampton. Staff were nice, the room was clean and well-appointed, the bed comfy and breakfast decent. You can't go wrong here!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. I'm delighted that all aspects from the staff to the cleanliness of your room was exactly what you would expect for a great stay.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Handicap bathroom did not have hand rail by toilet. This hotel, like some other Hamptons, does not serve cookies to weekend guest. I prefer the Hampton Inns that treat weekend guests like they do business guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I see you also completed our Hilton survey as well. It seems the cookies that are given out by our hotel are done throughout all Hamptons Monday-Friday as we do. Please accept my apologies as well for the handrail in the bathroom area. I will certainly have this checked out.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury

Been to Hampton Inn Garden City? Share your experiences!