“Great staff”
Review of Garden City Hotel

Garden City Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has been under renovation since March of 2014.They have did a wonderful job on the rooms.
The restaurant is great.
It's a great place to stay when in Long Island. It's across the street from the LIRR. I give this place 4 1/2 stars.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Welimes
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and review! I am glad to read that you enjoyed our brand new guest rooms, as well as new restaurant! I am also happy to see that our proximity to the railroad was helpful to you. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Pros

The rooms were comfortable and spacious and the front desk staff was very attentive. They were able to get our entire party on the same floor.

Cons

We were shocked at the ridiculous price for internet. A hotel of this caliber should not charge for internet service.

The hotel was under renovation so the pool and exercise facilities were closed. On the website it said we would get passes to a nearby health club. We asked the front desk and they said that was not available.

The bartender/waitstaff at the lounge was incredibly slow. Took over 15 minutes to receive drinks after we ordered.

We asked for a cot and it never showed up. We asked again and they said they were all out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Smokey S

Thank you for your recent stay and review! I am glad to read that you enjoyed our brand new guest rooms, and will extend your accolades of our front desk managers and the assistance they provided to you and your group during your stay. I am sorry to read that you experienced any inconvenience in regards to our agreement with local facilities for use of their fitness center, as well as roll away beds which are based on availability. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Having never been to Garden City, I had no idea what to expect from this hotel. It doesn't appear to be affiliated with any particular chain, all I knew was that it was a Preferred Hotel. We were there for a wedding and stayed one night. For the night we stayed, everything was great. The staff was welcoming and most accommodating, brunch was going on in the restaurant but the host offered us a seat at the bar so we could order a simple meal. The food was delicious. The club sandwich was amazing. The food at the wedding was outstanding as well. Difficult to do delicious banquet food but this hotel managed to pull it off. The rooms are newly renovated, comfortable and very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Garden City.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jeanette713
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you Jeanette for your recent stay and review, we are glad to hear you had a great time at the wedding and enjoyed the culinary experience that we offer. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again on a future stay!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The staff was welcoming, professional, and friendly. Our rooms were big, clean, and comfortable. The staff was intuitively attentive to our needs. The experience was not however perfect. I was told that the gift shop was open until 9 P.M., yet it was closed in the middle of the day. The front desk took charge and resolved that situation. Also, the refrigerator in my room was hot!!! Had to call a service technician and they promptly changed it to a working one. Overall, this was a great experience and I'd like to commend Mr. Mark DiBella and his staff for doing such a great job. I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Would've have preferred a room not facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you Fabiola, for your recent stay and review. I will be sure to relay the wonderful accolades of our staff and I am glad to read that our newly renovated guest rooms were to your liking. I do apologize for the less than perfect details you experienced, I know that our team has resolved them. We look forward to your future stay with us.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had the great pleasure of spending the last two nights at the recently renovated Garden City Hotel. I do not need to exaggerate, it was the best at everything. Through the entire stay I texted and called my business partners and my family to tell them how nice everything was. I took pictures of my meals to share with them as well. I will admit that there was some bragging involved. I was staying in the nicest place I have ever been.
One thing that really stood out is the passion that every employee showed. From the doorman to the waiters, front desk staff to managers, they all were very passionate about providing excellence at all levels. And you could tell that they loved their jobs and truly enjoyed giving the guests the best experience possible.
Other managers should experience this to see what is possible when you carefully pick the right people and then train them and make them happy to come to work each day.
The room, the food, even the coffee were excellent. The variety of dishes on the menu will give you treats that you too will tell others about.
My only regret is that I was there for a short business trip and I may not have a reason to go near there again. If so I will go out of my way to share this jewel with others.

Room Tip: I would trust the great staff here to always give you the very best they had.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Huntingsafely

Thank you for your recent stay and rave review! It is our pleasure to provide every guest with first class service and gracious hospitality, and I will be sure to relay your kind words to our staff. I am glad to read that our newly renovated guest rooms and amenities were to your liking. We look forward to a future stay with us and thank you again for choosing The Garden City Hotel.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This monstrously over priced hotel gave me a terrible experience in my one evening there. Unforeseen circumstances led me to stay in a room with my parents, requiring a roll-away bed. After checking in at 2:00 PM, we asked for a cot. It was not delivered to the room so two hours later we asked again. We came back to the room around 11:00 PM and it was still not there, and after calling the front desk they were out of cots, and could provide no compensation for their mistake. All in all, this hotel was extremely expensive for what was an underwhelming experience due to their inept staff.

8  Thank Philip G
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello Phillip, thank you for your recent stay at our newly renovated hotel. I am sorry to read that you were dissapointed in any way, as our staff is committed to first class service and gracious hospitality. After speaking with our Guest Service Managers, I understand that roll away beds, which are on a request basis, were unavailable for some requests due to the hotel being sold out. Our Guest Service Manager will be in touch with you to resolve this matter. I am sorry to read that your request could not be accommodated during the unforeseen circumstance that you needed to share a room during your stay.
Please contact us should you like to discuss this further, and we hope to see you on a return visit to experience all our hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It was beautiful. When our apartment complex lost hot water for 48 hours we found the need for a hotel and fast! I cant say enough good things about the staff - the valet, front desk, room service and entire staff at the Polo were impeccable. Hospitality is acting to a degree and these people have their parts down. Every person we encountered was professional, genuine, caring and on-the-ball. The kobe burgers from room service were amazing. The room was perfect, I loved the little bay window and the high end products, and the crib we needed was brought within 10 minutes of arriving. Breakfast was great, they even brought a few extra croissants and muffins which our sons LOVED! The hotel is beautiful but where they really shine is with the people that work there. My only regret is not staying longer.

Room Tip: Yes its pricey so if your looking to keep costs down bring drinks and snack from outside before chec...
1  Thank IrishMama2014
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and review. I am glad to read that an unfortunate experience at your home turned into a mini vacation at our property. Thank you for your accolades, I will be sure to extend your review to our entire staff. It is our mission to provide every guest fist class service and gracious hospitality.
I am also glad to read that you enjoyed our brand new guest rooms and amenities, as well as enhanced In Room Dining service. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on a return stay, or perhaps an evening out at Polo!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden City
Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City

Been to Garden City Hotel? Share your experiences!