“Nice German Restaurant”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is the 4th time I have gone to the Mountain Brauhaus house. Each time the food has been been well made and tasty. If you plan to go to this restaurant know that you will not be rushed through your meal. It can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. If you don't expect it, you will think there is something wrong with the staff. The last meal we had 9 in our party and it was over 3 hrs from sitting down to paying check. As a vegetarian they do have limited options.

The pretzel appetizer is good enough to make a meal of, I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

After a long day hiking in the Mohonk Preserve, we decided to give this place a chance. And wow were we pleasantly surprised! The food was great! Travel with 3 kids, I was pleasantly surprised at the extensive kids menu that included grilled salmon for $5. Wow! And a special thank you to Lorraine, our server. Her service was absolutely superb. Job well done all around!:)

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The interior is 1955, pine panelling and classic 50's furniture, we sat near a photo of Kingston cheerleaders from the 50's. They were hot. I ordered brockwurst and a knockwurst with sauerkraut, potato salad and two mustards, it was $17. The wife's sauerbraten was a bit too sour, the kids burger was excellent, I ate half of it. Plenty of good beers on tap. It is a classic place your grand parents liked, worth a visit, maybe not a revisit.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Authentic and southern Germany food with some American dishes mixed in. Wonderful beer, good wine list, attentive service. Varied and creative menu. Great bar while you wait for a table.

The food here is some of the best - consistently good over 20 years that I have been dining there. By far the best schnitzel I have had outside of Germany. Family owned. It's tough to keep standards high, but this place has. Took a German friend there and she was amazed at how authentic it was. Only downside is it has not been updated in may years and they are closed two days a week. But overall, it is excellent food, with excellent service, not to be missed if you are in or near New Paltz. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Just a simple review for an amazing place! I love this place and we drive 45 min to eat here. Everything tastes great and I always leave full and happy! Order anything you can't go wrong!!

1  Thank arivera78