“Great local fare”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've been going to Gardiner NY for three years and passed Cafe Mio many times, but for some reason never stopped. I was back to Gardiner for the first time this year and this time I went in for breakfast.

We were greeted by a very friendly staff and were seated promptly. The menu had a varied selection with something for everyone. Everything was cooked to perfection and the portions were generous.

I'll be back in Gardiner in two weeks and will definitely stop in for lunch next time. Cafe Mio has earned my business.

What a great place !!!

1  Thank Gcloss

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This cute little café is nestled in the center of Gardiner, right down the road from the skydiving place. The food is always delicious, with many items sourced locally. I've had the breakfast burrito several times, as well as the grilled cheese. Once they made this AWESOME mac n cheese dish that was probably the best I've ever tasted. I usually go during lunch from work, so I can't have any alcohol, but their beer and wine list always looks very interesting. They take a bit longer to make your food fresh, but it is worth the wait. Reasonably priced!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food selection here is great! The menu isn't extensive but everything on it is amazing and fresh. Great sue of local ingredients and most breakfast meals served with lightly dressed mesculun mix - great idea! I love it. Prices seem a little on the higher side until you see and taste the food. Then you feel like you're getting a good value. I love the huge coffee cups and heavy silverware.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I hate to admit it, but breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and if I'm not preparing my own, I'll go out of my way for a good one. My breakfast at Café Mio was not just good, it was great. The menu had so many tantalizing choices, it was hard to decide! (One more reason to go back) I got an omelet with house -made sausage, potatoes, and scallions. It was beautifully presented, as was my daughter's Monte Cristo, also carefully prepared, delicious. The bread and salad accompanying the dish were also quite good, as was the coffee! Our server was pleasant and efficient, the space is simple and attractive. The local farms which supply the Café are listed on the back of the menu. Please do not miss the opportunity to eat here.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This past week was my third trip to Cafe Mio with my family. Every once in awhile we find ourselves near the little town of Gardiner and we like to stop here for a fresh, delicious lunch. This most recent visit there were six adults and two small children. It was quite busy inside, but after a short wait they were able to seat us and serve us quickly and with good cheer. I find the food to be extremely fresh and tasty and for those who love it there is breakfast served all day. I have to say, I never had the breakfast. Most sandwiches are served with a fresh salad which I love. The bread they use is fresh and delicious. My only suggestion would be for them to use whole grain/whole wheat bread and then the sandwiches would be even that much better. They have a small outdoor seating area which we have never sat at because it was either too hot - or this most recent visit they said there were bees. It would be nice if they got the outside seating area sorted. But, overall, I give this little gem a great review. If you are in the area stop by.

Been to Cafe Mio? Share your experiences!