“We had a lovely experience!”

Tuthill House at the Mill
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Gardiner
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Specialties Featuring homemade, French-American cuisine in a historic 1788 Grist Mill; Tuthill House at the Mill Restaurant & Tavern's completely Homemade menu is inspired by French-American country cooking, featuring fresh, local artisan products and ingredients of the Hudson Valley. Enjoy local, French and Italian wines, as well as local spirits, house-infused vodkas and prohibition era inspired cocktails using spirits distilled right next door at Tuthilltown Spirits Craft Distillery! At the Tuthill House, we believe in dreaming big; we work tirelessly to turn your ornate vision into a beautiful celebration and memories that will last a lifetime. Whether you prefer an indoor or outdoor event, the Tuthill House offers awe-inspiring views of the Shawangunkill River and sounds of the flowing water to create a tranquil backdrop to your special day. History Tuthill House at the Mill is located in the National Historic Landmark,Tuthilltown Gristmill, built in 1788 by Selah Tuthill. In 2006 the renovation of the building began. It took over 4 years to open the doors of Tuthill House at the Mill, and additions and improvements to the business and property have been ongoing. In 2009, Tuthilltown Spirits Distillery was established just a stone's throw from the restaurant. Tuthill House at the Mill now specializes in creating spectacular cocktails utilizing the craft spirits produced right on the property.
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I went to TuthillHouse for Valentines Day this year. We were greeted happily and given wonderful service. I had the salmon and my husband had the duck, both dishes were just delicious! We sat by the windows overlooking the water and had a wonderful Valentines Day dinner. I highly recommend TuthillHouse to everyone!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

What a lovely setting....watching the winter scene from our table of the Shawangunk Kill with its snowy banks...from a table at a window overlooking it. It made me really like winter. The interior of the restaurant was really the old grist mill....lots of thick wood walls and old items from the mill here and there. And, small chandeliers for lighting.

The food was very good. The chicken francese, although a common dish, was better than I have had in awhile. I can't say that the menu was all that unique....steaks, duck, chicken.....lasagna, but I believe you go there for the experience. And the cocktails really make this place because they specialize in whisky. That being said, they have wine and beer as well. I had the Hudson Baby Bourbon whisky sour or bourbon sour. I had never had bourbon before in a cocktail....and was it ever good. I had two and could have had more, but well......

Now for the other part of the complex: The distillery was right there in the complex which is nestled in woods by the Shawangunk Kill near the restaurant as well as the Tuthill store where the various whiskies, simple syrup, plus other things that go along with it are for sale. They also have tee shirts and other things for sale as well. What could be fun are the whisky tasting events. I really got an education there at the store.

I highly recommend this restaurant which is a short distance from New Paltz, NY.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We visited this restaurant at the recommendation of our local hotel concierge. The place is an old mill so there are unique architectural details (old grain chute) all around. The strip steak was amazing! ! We had the chocolate flour less cake & cheesecake which weren't anything to write home about but overall a delicious meal!!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

TuthillHouse is a great place for a splurge dinner out or post-hike lunch. The setting in an old gristmill right on a river is beautiful, and the food is really great (especially the steak). Highly recommended!

1  Thank PickyNomad
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We have driven past the sign for this restaurant about a thousand times, but never stopped. After a hike out to Awosting Lake we were starving and decided to finally check with place out. What a find! The perfect spot to relax after a decent hike. We had beer around, the fried calamari, fish and chips, and the Gristy burger. Everyone enjoyed their meals and drinks. We then wondered over to the distillery for a free tasting. Will be returning!