“Wonderful experience”

Tuthill House at the Mill
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Gardiner
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Specialties Featuring homemade, French-American cuisine in a historic 1788 Grist Mill; Tuthill House at the Mill Restaurant & Tavern's completely Homemade menu is inspired by French-American country cooking, featuring fresh, local artisan products and ingredients of the Hudson Valley. Enjoy local, French and Italian wines, as well as local spirits, house-infused vodkas and prohibition era inspired cocktails using spirits distilled right next door at Tuthilltown Spirits Craft Distillery! At the Tuthill House, we believe in dreaming big; we work tirelessly to turn your ornate vision into a beautiful celebration and memories that will last a lifetime. Whether you prefer an indoor or outdoor event, the Tuthill House offers awe-inspiring views of the Shawangunkill River and sounds of the flowing water to create a tranquil backdrop to your special day. History Tuthill House at the Mill is located in the National Historic Landmark,Tuthilltown Gristmill, built in 1788 by Selah Tuthill. In 2006 the renovation of the building began. It took over 4 years to open the doors of Tuthill House at the Mill, and additions and improvements to the business and property have been ongoing. In 2009, Tuthilltown Spirits Distillery was established just a stone's throw from the restaurant. Tuthill House at the Mill now specializes in creating spectacular cocktails utilizing the craft spirits produced right on the property.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We've been meaning to dine at TuthillHouse for a while. Glad we finally went. The setting is charming and our service was friendly and efficient. The food was delicious. We had a special halibut dish and it was phenomenal. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is an old grist mill that has been converted to a restaurant on the Wallkill Creek in Gardiner, NY. The food is delicious! Two of us had pork osso bucco with risotto which was creamy and freshly made. If you like whiskey and bourbon, there is a distillery on the property and you can take the tour, sample and purchase. A feat way to spend the day in upstate, NY!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I came here for lunch on Saturday during memorial weekend. The place sits along a beautiful creek with small waterfalls. The atmosphere is awesome but the service was even better. My wife ordered cioppino and I the eggplant napoleon. This place is well worth the hour drive!

1  Thank Gpeifer
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Tuthill House is an outstanding restaurant! The food, atmosphere & service is amazing. Because of this I booked a party there for about 70 people. Upon doing so I left a large deposit. Unfortunate circumstances prevailed and I had to cancel one week prior to the party. The owners were unbelievably understanding. They told me not to worry about it and gladly returned my deposit. In today's society it is uncommon to find people of integrity and compassion. I highly reccommend the Tuthill House at the Mill. The owners are a pleasure to work with!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

This historic landmark is a must see. Food is pretty good, but the setting is what makes this place special. While you are here, you can swing over to the distillery next store and taste through vodka, gin, whiskey that are made onsite from local grains and fruit. Very cool!