Minnewaska Lodge
Econo Lodge(New Paltz)
  • Breakfast included
Harvest Inn(Pine Bush)
View Hotel
All reviewsadirondack chairsgreat roommohonk preserveyogurthard boiled eggshudson valleygreat hikingcommon roomshort drivecontinental breakfastthis past weekendtea and coffeeeach morningcomfortable roomsfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2014

It is a nice lodge, but the acoustics are, frankly, deplorable. You can hear the conversations of people in the adjacent rooms quite clearly. If I would have brought earplugs I would have enjoyed my stay more. The breakfast is decent though the coffee is weak, but you can't beat the wonderful location and the decor is nice, too. Perhaps the best perk is that it's adjacent to the best restaurant in the area, The Mountain Brauhaus.

Room Tip: Try for a room with only one neighbor...noise is a problem in this building.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank NEtravelist
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for one night. Great welcome from Patrick that gave us a superb room. The fitness center is enjoyable. The view on the forest is amazing. A little deer came not far from the terrace. There s a good restaurant across the road.
Nous recommandons cet endroit nous y avons passé une très bonne nuit. Il y a une vue superbe sur la forêt avec des animaux. Et un restaurant spécialités allemandes à 50 m.

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank IsidoreProd
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My friend and I just spent a weekend at the lodge and are planning another visit in the spring. The main dining room has tall windows overlooking the cliffs and hot tea, coffee all day. The breakfast was tastey and mostly all homemade (granola was delish). There was an awkward cardboard looking deer above the gas stove that was not appealing and honestly a fireplace would also be more homey than the stove. The gentleman at the front desk was super friendly & in fact all the staff was amazing. We felt right at home there! The only complaints would be the walls in our room could use a fresh coat of paint and as others said the walls are thin. However the beds are very comfortable and the pillows as well..great gem. Looking forward to going back!!

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank danicamp88
Reviewed 2 December 2013

A year before our wedding my fiance and I stayed at several inns in the area in order to make recommendations for guests. Minnewaska Lodge seemed like a decent option for the mid-range budget. We weren't impressed by the spartan-looking rooms, but we liked the environmental rating and it has more accessible architecture (and good sound-proofing) for families and the disabled.

When we stayed overnight we discovered that their baked breakfast goods were DIVINE, and the staff was really friendly and accessible. We were toting a leftover birthday cake and they were happy to pop it in their fridge -- and let us access it anytime for midnight post-birthday snacking.

We set aside a room block for our wedding weekend, and while the reservations staff weren't always sure exactly how the logistics of such an arrangement were supposed to work, they were always friendly, good-humored, and helpful about figuring it out. Compared to the other venues at which we blocked rooms, their cancellation policies were also quite fair and transparent.

So the big surprise was that on the weekend of the wedding, it wasn't the people who stayed at the fancy venues with oppulent rooms that had the best time, but the folks at the Minnewaska Lodge. The open architecture and laid-back, friendly attitude of the staff enabled the guests to meet one another and socialize before and after the wedding. We heard lots of stories (and later saw photos) of our guests enjoying themselves in the main room and munching on the baked goods. The night staff was apparently on the grumpy side but no one took offense, and they were very happy with the attentive welcome from the day staff (who were also very efficient about placing our welcome baskets in the relevant rooms, something that other venues had trouble with).

Way to go, Minnewaska Lodge. I'd especially recommend this place for people travelling in groups.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Megan W
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My friend and I just stayed here for three nights (November 18-21, 2013). I read many good reviews about the place and had a high expectation.

Service- Upon arrival, the receptionist (big, tall girl) welcomed us with an angry face without saying hello or welcome. She looked angry the whole time we stayed there. Also, many other girls working there never said hello or good morning. They kept chatting each other even guests were waiting to talk to them. The ONLY nice person there was the cleaning lady who I ran into a few times in the hallway. Worst service ever!!!!! really bad.

Room- was a pretty decent size with a deck facing the cliff. But no sound proof walls as I was already prepared from reading reviews. It was as bad as I expected. I could hear conversation from next door.

Breakfast- was okay, nothing bad or impressive. a few fruit options, bacon and scramble and boiled eggs, cereal, bread, nuts, and yogurts

Since it's a very small place with only 20+ rooms, you get to see people working there all the time. If they look angry and don't want to say anything to you, it makes your stay very uncomfortable.

If you need a nice break, PLEASE stay away from this lodge.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends