“One of the best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gardiner
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Gardiner
Coventry, Connecticut
“One of the best”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I recently returned to this campground after camping here more than 15 years ago with my parents. This time around, my parents have their own trailer and I now brought my husband and three year old son. Very nostalgic being back and the campground is as great as I remember. The owners are very visible and clearly work extremely hard to make this a great destination. A few things have changed since I camped there in that more full hook up sites have been added, a newer pool and a Tiki Bar, all of which were a hit. My son LOVES "the bears" so having them so visible during our four day trip was fabulous.

The campground is very clean, well kept and minimal seasonal sites. We have found over the last year that the number of seasonal sites really defines a campground, so we found this a plus. Keep up the good work!

2 Thank MCL0519

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Otisville, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We rented a cabin . There was some type of bugs in the bed because my daughter got bitten up all on her arms and legs. We were going to be staying 4 days. We only stayed one and a half days. We left in the middle of the night because my other daughter and my self got bitten also. We called them the next morning and was told that they would go check out the cabin. I got a call back that they couldn't find anything. They said that she must of gotten bit by a mosquito.

5 Thank cmh0328
ny
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just returned from a 4th of July weekend and we had a wonderful time. Travelling with the hubby and 3 little ones in a travel trailer. The campground was so clean. This was probably the busiest time of year yet it did not feel overcrowded. Plenty of space at the pool. We had snacks at the Tiki Bar which I truly enjoyed and appreciated. The value for the items was very good, good sized portions and tasty food (mostly burger, chicken, fries type of menu). Was able to enjoy an adult drink as well. Comfort stations clean. People were friendly. Mini golf. The game room was a bit disappointing but my kids didnt notice. Nearby to markets, gas, Tantillo's farm. Would definately return.

1 Thank mariecerv
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Not too big, not too small, just right for a cozy camping trip. Friendly staff and fellow campers, bathrooms and showers where clean. It rained most of the weekend and we still had a great time. I do recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank BIGGUNNER845
long island, ny
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We tried to get a late check out and was told we had to pay a full night rate. Since it was a Monday September 17 and no campers even coming in and more then half the sites being empty we couldn't believe it. We were with a group so we rented 4 sites and 1 cabin and they couldn't bend for 1 site to stay a little longer, pretty bad business on there part. We left at check out and will never go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Jay V
New York
Reviewed 2 September 2012

It's a beautiful campground. Awesome store- it has everything. The place is very clean and the cabins are very new and clean. Lots of fun stuff to do for kids . The skydiving nearby is very cool to watch. The snack bar is nice, The river is fun. Great fields to play on.
My only complaint is the condition of the men's room. Some really gross reports from my husband. I can not place blame on the camp owners. It is fellow campers that are gross. I saw the cleaning people in the bathroom constantly. But NO ONE should have to be cleaned up after to that extent. Really disgusting.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeannine19
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I camped here from 08/24-08/26/12. It is true that the rates are a little higher than some other campgrounds. However, this campground is beautiful and well maintained. They have two beautiful pools, a playground, and many activities for everyone. The campsites are well maintained and clean. We observed that when RV's pulled out, the workers arrived shortly thereafter and made sure the fire rings were cleaned out and the campsite debris free. We found the restroom facilites to be clean and maintained. That being said, by the end of the day, with so many guests using the facilities it stands to reason that they look like they have been used, but I would consider that normal. The owners were very accomodating and friendly. We wanted to roast marshmallows and went to the camp store, which had just closed. The owner opened the door, inquired what we needed and let us come in and gave us the marshmallows which made the children we were with extremely happy. All in all, I must say we had an excellent time and will definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank sandra l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardiner
Minnewaska Lodge
Super 8 Highland NY
#2 of 5 in Highland
Hampton Inn & Suites Poughkeepsie
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Birchwood Acres
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at B...
#1 of 2 in Greenfield Park

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Gardiner? Share your experiences!