“Perfect Wedding”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Garrison
The Garrison - Golf, Restaurant, Events & Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Garrison
Brooklyn, New York
“Perfect Wedding”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had my wedding at The Garrison in October 2013. The views in the fall are breathless and all of my guests gave me so many compliments. Many said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to .The facility at the Garrison is a perfect combination of modern and rustic and the facility is well taken care of Under the huppah looking out over the hudson it was so beautiful I was so overwhelmed. My wedding planner from The Garrison named Annie was amazing. She got back to me right away with any questions that I had and was always calm cool and collected. She was one of the reasons I picked the place. The food at the venue is great, much better than any wedding food I have had before. This venue is the perfect destination for The Hudson Valley. I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We just had our wedding at The Garrison last month and it was the most amazing experience! To say I was a picky, neurotic, OCD bride would be an understatement! :) And all of my high expectations were surpassed- the food, the staff, the service, the setting were absolutely perfect and we had so much fun! Todd Smith was our wedding coordinator at The Garrison- he is such an expert on weddings! He is very thoughtful, has an unbelievable eye for detail and is also just a really kind (and patient!) person- he played a huge part in why our wedding went off without a single hitch! The staff takes care of everything from the ceremony through cocktail hour and the reception- all you have to do is show up, they will guide you through everything else.

The venue and the setting is truly breathtaking- if you are getting married and looking for a venue take an afternoon and drive up to The Garrison for lunch. I promise you- you will not regret it! The venue is stunning in every season- I know because we went up many times before the wedding just for dinner or lunch. Rating it 1 out of 10- 11 at the least!

Also I stayed at the Inn- it was so nice and has great views!

1 Thank Elizabeth G
Brooklyn
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I cannot express enough how AMAZING our experience was at The Garrison. I did not believe in perfection...until our wedding day on October 5th, 2013. Our coordinator Todd Smith was heaven sent! He is extremely knowledgeable, caring, and so fun to work with! I can be a bit of a control freak but it was easy letting go and letting Todd do what he does best! My husband and I will be forever grateful to The Garrison and its dedicated staff because without them we would not have had the perfect wedding. The venue and the grounds of The Garrison are beyond beautiful and speak for themselves, but the staff is what really pushes this venue to perfection! We feel truly blessed that we were able to celebrate our very special day at The Garrison and the memories we made will last a lifetime. Thank you Todd and all of the staff at The Garrison for everything you did to make our day perfect!

1 Thank Morgan P
NYC
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I can’t say enough good things about both The Garrison and our wedding coordinator, Todd Smith. We were engaged for almost 2 years, so I had plenty of email exchanges leading up to our wedding weekend. In each exchange Todd was patient and answered my questions. His responses were timely.

We hosted a ceremony rehearsal at the Garrison the day before our wedding. Todd walked our bridal party though what was expected of them in a quick, no-nonsense matter that I appreciated.

On the wedding day I got ready in the garrison bridal suite. It was rainy on the morning of our wedding and therefore I was a bundle of nerves. Todd, my florist Steven Bruce and I were to make a decision by 2pm on an inside or outside ceremony. The rain had mostly subsided but Todd said it was too wet outside. Although that was frustrating I appreciated someone making the call and generally agreed though I’m not sure I wanted to admit it. We had an indoor, standing ceremony (we had planned on it being short so that worked fine) and people raved about it.

The reception was fantastic. Todd and his staff did a great job of keeping everything organized and on time. They let me enjoy the day and didn’t ask too much of us regarding scheduling, etc. As anyone who has visited the Garrsion knows, the space is fantastic and beautiful.

My husband and I stayed our wedding night at the Inn at The Garrison. It was our second time staying there and I absolutely love it. Clean, large, comfortable rooms.

Carmel, New York
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Words cannot express how much we loved The Garrison! From our very 1st meeting there with Annie, we knew that The Garrison was going to be our wedding venue. Granted, The Garrison is pricey compared with a lot of the other wedding venues in the Hudson Valley, but it was well worth every penny spent - from the professionalism of the entire staff, to the outstanding food, breathtaking views, salon/spa on site and working with Annie R., we knew that we made the right choice for our venue. Annie was absolutely fantastic and everything ran so smoothly because of her! She made sure that the entire wedding party was where they needed to be when they needed to be there, she assured that the ceremony and reception ran smoothly, paved the way for us to get in a gorgeous sunset picture and even hunted down a wrench when my Nana's wheelchair broke going into the ceremony! She was a big reason why we chose the Garrison. The staff was really awesome too, very accommodating to all of our guests. The bartenders even went out of their way to make a batch of Sangria when my dad jokingly complained to them that they had none!! Any other venue would just say "sorry, but this is all we have". I highly, highly recommend the garrison - you won't regret it!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Misstar487
New York
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Our wedding day was a dream thanks to the Garrison and our amazing wedding coordinator Annie; she truly worked wonders to make for a perfect day and we cannot thank her enough. From the months of planning to the day of, Annie was wonderful. In addition, her staff, including my bridal attendant Bridgette, were a delight to have around and were always there to be as helpful as possible. Since we are a low key couple, we wanted an intimate setting; the clean and rustic design of the venue's architecture in addition to the landscape of the Hudson Highlands made it the ideal location for our wedding. The food was top notch- because it was quality over quantity. We would not have changed a thing. Our friends and family are still raving about how beautiful the ceremony was and how much fun they had.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank llgazit
Rockport, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We traveled here with another couple as part of a road trip in the Hudson Valley and spent 4 nights, after being required to pay in full in advance. When you first arrive you drive through the beautiful golf course which overlooks the Hudson River. The building has a lot of glass giving you great views from all of the public rooms. Our room, 204, was very large with a beautiful bathroom. It had a king bed and was very comfortable with great bedding. The only negative on the room was that the closets were short and the drawer space minimal. The rooms as well at the whole facility were spotlessly clean. The room that our friends stayed in, 201, was much smaller with the same king bed which made the room feel very small. There were 2 weddings while we were there and we never heard noise from them. The golf course made a great place to walk in the morning so long as you watched out for golf carts and flying golf balls.

They have a restaurant and bar with good food, excellent wines and friendly service. We had good conversations with the bartenders on 2 nights.

There were some problems that should be addressed by management. They don't serve breakfast which we knew before booking. We were told that we could eat at the grill at the golf course. Well they don't serve much of a breakfast and did not open early enough to eat before a day of touring. The bartender suggested that everyone ate at the Shell station just down the road so we tried it. It was upscale gas station convenience store food which wasn't bad but not what we were looking for and not much of a place to sit and eat. After asking people at the desk and not getting much help we found a place online that was just 5 minutes away. The Garrison Cafe serves gourmet breakfasts with a french flair, someone should have known about this. Also, we found that on Monday the place was unmanned all day, the outside doors locked, except for one that our key opened, and the bar and restaurant were closed. It was spooky to say the least. Throughout our stay each time we asked about something we were told that "we are a small inn" as the reason that we could not be helped. Perhaps they should only rent rooms to people who are there for a wedding. They do not seem to be setup to serve the general public.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank SherandPat
GM-at-TheGarrison, General Manager at The Garrison - Golf, Restaurant, Events & Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We have enhanced the description of our inn and services on our website to help assure that our guests' expectations are fully met. We hope you will visit The Garrison again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garrison
The Thayer Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peekskill - Hudson Valley
The Inn And Spa At Beacon

Been to The Garrison - Golf, Restaurant, Events & Inn? Share your experiences!