The Garrison - Golf, Restaurant, Events & Inn
The Thayer Hotel(West Point)
US$249
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
West Point Motel(Highland Falls)
US$136
FairBridge Inn & Suites(Highland Falls)
US$160
US$156
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point(Fort Montgomery)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$171
Countryside Motel(Cold Spring)
US$81
US$90
All reviewscocktail hourwedding venuehudson valleydream weddingbridal suitedaughter's weddingpassed horsfarm to tableentire planning processentire weddingreception hallhelped us planfloor to ceiling windowsout of townersminute driveguestswestchester
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of having our wedding at The Garrison. We worked with Todd Smith, one of the wedding and even coordinators. Todd helped us plan each and every detail of our day. I will never forget something he said to me that put my mind completely at ease - "It will all happen just like magic" - and it truly did. My husband and I have been to so many weddings since ours and none of them even begin to compare. We always notice how many servers and staff running around other weddings. It just seems so busy. Our wedding - just like Todd said - seemed to happen effortlessly. I know there were many, many people working with us that day however I don't remember seeming masses of servers or tables being cleared amidst our family and friends. Maybe it was just the newly wed bubble we were in however many of our guests said that same thing. Everything seemed to appear and happen as if it had been planned for years. There was no confusion, no checking with the bride and groom constantly about placements of tables. It was all like a dream.

From the very beginning, Todd helped us shape and mold our vision of our wedding day. All of our ideas were kept at the forefront of planning. Todd was always avaliable to chat with and run ideas by, even up to the very last days before our event. It goes without saying that The Garrison is absolutely gorgeous and serene. We have never been to a wedding where guests actually take pictures outside at the ceremony site on the alter! It was that beautiful! The food was outstanding. Many guests compared the meal to going out to a great restaurant rather than just your standard wedding factory plate. It really felt as if every dish was made just for our guests rather than some giant pot of food I imagine is at other venues.

We cannot say enough about The Garrison, Todd Smith, and all staff members we had the pleasure of working with. Please do yourself a favor and go spend the day at The Garrison when planning your wedding or special event. You will not regret it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were married at The Garrison last summer, and from the moment we booked to the morning we woke up there the day after our wedding, we could not have been happier. We have lost count of the number of guests that have complimented us on the beauty of our outdoor ceremony--the most wonderful setting we could have asked for. The food was stellar, the space gorgeous, and the flow of events seamless. In particular, we need to compliment Todd, who was our invaluable Garrison coordinator in planning the day. If you have the chance to work with Todd, do not miss it: his professionalism, wealth of experience and wonderful personality make him a true pleasure to work with from day one. Of everything we loved about our experience with the Garrison, he is at the top of the list. But whoever you may work with in coordinating your wedding there, we cannot recommend The Garrison highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sam P
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The Garrison hosted our wedding ceremony and reception in December 2013 and many of our guests have described it as "the best wedding ever". We were thrilled with everything from our breathtaking sunset ceremony in the Hudson room to the delicious, fresh food and wonderful, smiling service. The venue and staff were just wonderful. We are forever grateful to Annie R for the role she played in helping us plan and execute our flawless event. She consistently offered a friendly, knowledgeable and professional response to all our inquiries. Our event would not have been the same without her contribution. We highly recommend this venue for any special event. We traveled to the Garrison many times before our wedding and also had the pleasure of dining at their amazing restaurant and staying in the beautiful inn rooms. In our opinion, this is, by far, the best venue in the Hudson Valley!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had my wedding at The Garrison in October 2013. The views in the fall are breathless and all of my guests gave me so many compliments. Many said it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to .The facility at the Garrison is a perfect combination of modern and rustic and the facility is well taken care of Under the huppah looking out over the hudson it was so beautiful I was so overwhelmed. My wedding planner from The Garrison named Annie was amazing. She got back to me right away with any questions that I had and was always calm cool and collected. She was one of the reasons I picked the place. The food at the venue is great, much better than any wedding food I have had before. This venue is the perfect destination for The Hudson Valley. I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We just had our wedding at The Garrison last month and it was the most amazing experience! To say I was a picky, neurotic, OCD bride would be an understatement! :) And all of my high expectations were surpassed- the food, the staff, the service, the setting were absolutely perfect and we had so much fun! Todd Smith was our wedding coordinator at The Garrison- he is such an expert on weddings! He is very thoughtful, has an unbelievable eye for detail and is also just a really kind (and patient!) person- he played a huge part in why our wedding went off without a single hitch! The staff takes care of everything from the ceremony through cocktail hour and the reception- all you have to do is show up, they will guide you through everything else.

The venue and the setting is truly breathtaking- if you are getting married and looking for a venue take an afternoon and drive up to The Garrison for lunch. I promise you- you will not regret it! The venue is stunning in every season- I know because we went up many times before the wedding just for dinner or lunch. Rating it 1 out of 10- 11 at the least!

Also I stayed at the Inn- it was so nice and has great views!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple