“Awesome views”
Review of Garrison Golf Club

Garrison Golf Club
Ranked #3 of 12 things to do in Garrison
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

The Garrison golf course is a public friendly destination serving all groups from families to business outings. This course is challenging and offers stunning panoramas of the great Hudson Valley. You can also grab a quick lunch at the comfortable outdoor restaurant situated near the 9th green.
The Valley restaurant is located on site as well and offers superb dining with their thoughtful dinner menu which highlights local, seasonal ingredients. This facility also hosts weddings and other events throughout the year and has a very professional, friendly staff to take care of all the details.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

My friend hosted a charity here before she passed. What an amazing day we had golfing and messing around. No one bothered us. Employees are all helpful and friendly. Course is beautiful. The country club is lovely. Food was spectacular. Very nice place to hold a benefit. RIP Melissa
Forget Me Not Cancer

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Our son and daughter-in-law were recently married at The Garrison on a spectacular September Sunday afternoon. The venue was selected more than a year ago, soon after a trip up from their home in NYC. It reflected all that they wanted for their wedding day - rustic, elegant, stunningly beautiful views of the Hudson River, outstanding farm-to-table food, a beautiful, airy party room, and very experienced staff.

An added indescribable benefit was the event planner, Todd Smith, who was their contact. He made the preparations fun and so much easier. He also provided a thoughtful recommended vendor list from which the bride and groom made brilliant selections for their outstanding band, florist, photographer, and beauty team. It saved lots of stress and countless hours. There was no detail too tiny or too huge for Todd. Always there for our emails and phone calls, he was even available on his days off! He cared about the success of the wedding as much as we did.

The whole day was absolutely incredible. Our guests (none of whom had ever been to The Garrison before) had the time of their lives. It was such a memorable event that exceeded our highest expectations.

We are deeply grateful to Todd and his whole team for realizing the vision of my son and daughter-in-law. We highly recommend The Garrison, especially with Todd Smith serving as wedding coordinator.

Susan E
Mother of the Groom

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Course was in very good condition considering he hot weather this summer. The biggest issue is they do not have rangers riding around the course. WE had to call from the course to have someone come out and hasten up an incredibly slow foresome in front of us . The rough is kept long and it is difficult to find your ball especially on blind shots and the slanting /sloping holes.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2015

My family and I attended my niece's wedding here and the event will be a very memorable one. The ceremony was outside and the view of the Hudson Valley was absolutely breathtaking. The two buildings of the Garrison venue are enclosed in clear glass windows so you never lose sight of the lovely views

Inside for the cocktail hour shortly thereafter was a bit crowded. A buffet table was set up on one side of the room and a bar was set up on the opposite side. It seemed a bit inadequate for the 200 guests that were in attendance. Thankfully the wait staff also served hor d'oeuvres on trays because my sister & I waited on the buffet line for about 30 minutes.

When we finally got to the buffet table, we had a variety of salads, pasta, cheeses,and cold cuts. All were very tasty.

Then to the main event of the wedding reception in the main dining room. Entree choices of boneless short ribs, chicken, and fish. My sister had the fish, my nephew had the ribs and my husband and I decided on the chicken..All were prepared to perfection and very tasty.

After dinner dancing and wedding celebrations followed. Congrats to the new Mr & Mrs!

The Garrison is a great venue for a wedding and other special occasions.Definitely recommend.

1  Thank kainoy

Been to Garrison Golf Club? Share your experiences!