My husband and I booked the village suite at the big tree since we were visiting my family in the area and wanted somewhere to relax for a couple nights. Overall it was great. We love rooms with hot tubs in them, so I've started looking for that when I book a bnb. The jaccuzi tub was one of the largest we've seen in a room. The room also had a gas fireplace in it and a separate, large, bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and we slept well. Geneseo is a college town, so we were able to grab a burger late at night, and find breakfast right on Main Street, without driving anywhere. If you do want to get to say, Rochester, it's a fairly easy trip. We would definitely come back again. A few caveats, things that didn't earn it five stars for us:
1. Seeing as it's an old (renovated) Victorian house, there are no elevators, and our room was on the third floor. I'm fairly athletic, but hefting luggage up and down was pretty cumbersome. Be aware if you book this room you will get a workout! :)
2. We had an issue with our shower while we were there. I believe they are fixing that though and it was just a flukey thing.
3. The hot tub does a (loud) maintenance type thing about an hour after you use it. The front desk attendant did notify us of this but it was still a little surprising since we got out about 12pm and it went off after I was sound asleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Big Tree Inn is one of the most familiar landmarks on Main Street in Geneseo, NY - a historic community listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Come and experience its 175 years of hospitality and history. Featuring 8 guest rooms, 4 of which are luxury suites with fireplace and Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Big Tree Hotel Geneseo
- Big Tree Inn Geneseo, New York