“Lovely B & B”

Temple Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Geneseo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Temple Hill Bed & Breakfast was recommended by relatives who have stayed there before (my nephew is a student at Geneseo). My husband and I were not disappointed. The house is quite lovely,the area peaceful, the hostesses welcoming and very accommodating. They were able to meet our special dietary needs (vegan, allergies) with delicious results. Nobody went away hungry. The bed was very comfortable. When I complained of a squeaky bathroom door, it was fixed immediately. I highly recommend this B & B.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back yard. Our only complaint was that the room was rather light at night. We...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 March 2012

A wonderful birthday gift from my children...a getaway at Temple Hill Bed and Breakfast in Geneseo, NY. The warm, gracious hostess, Gail, made us feel right at home, from the 1st step in the front door.
We appreciated the rich historic nature of this beautiful, spacious home and it's lovely grounds. Our room was warm and comfortable. I enjoyed relaxing in the whirlpool bath, comfortable bed, and everything was spotless. Breakfast in the uniquely stunning dining room was custom made, fresh fruit, frittata with our choice of several veggies, and wonderfully light, peach-strawberry muffins. It was like coming home.

We certainly will plan another getaway soon, with Temple Hill B&B.

Carl and Pam

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2011

This is the most beautiful house in Geneseo, a town with many historic homes. The innkeepers, Gail and Mary White, are welcoming and friendly, the rooms are large and comfortable, and the breakfasts are spectacular. All around are antiques and vintage books describing this lovely community. The grounds are wooded and spacious and the street very quiet. This is a perfect place to unwind and relax. We have stayed there several times and intend to go back as often as we can.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in this place. All are large and comfortable. The ones in the back look out...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We found this place on this website and the reviews were outstanding. We were not only NOT DISAPPOINTED BUT IT EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS! The innkeepers Gail and Mary were very friendly and welcoming but respectful of our privacy. The grounds and pool area were an added bonus. The house is elegant and charming in a very old fashioned way. Like stepping back to earlier times. Breakfast each morning was served on beautiful old fashioned china in the dining room or on the veranda. The area is a small quaint village with lots of elegant old homes. Gail gave us great advice on where to go for recreation and to eat. Simply put they made our 30th wedding anniversary very memorable. I would recommend this place highly. We will be back!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Gail and Mary treated us like family on our brief stay at Temple Hill. We were in the area for a visit to Geneseo with our 17-year-old son and 13-year-old daughter. The kids had their own room with a cot (there's no way they would share a bed!). The bathrooms were updated and very clean. The breakfast was fabulous! We enjoyed a nice swim in the pool before going out to dinner. After dinner my daughter and I enjoyed the upstairs sittting room and played some of the games from their game collection. I admired all of the books on the shelf and would have enjoyed a full weekend relaxing on their patio and reading some of their books. If our son decides to attend Geneseo, we'll definitely be staying here again. If he does not decide to attend, we may be back anyway!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BonnieEvansNobiling
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Each time I return to the house I feel as though I have entered into a peaceful dreamlike state. I feel like a character in a C.S. Lewis' novel, because for some reason Temple Hill B & B has a whimsical way about it. The house is huge and the inside is welcoming, elegant, and warm. In addition, it is surrounded by beautiful trees and friendly birds.

My favorite part about the bed and breakfast is the company of Gail and Mary. They are both natural caregivers that are always in a great mood. In addition they make an amazing breakfast and rich conversation. I miss them already!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Hello-
I was looking very forward to my stay at this wonderful B&B. My dear friend has Asthma and is allergic to cats. Not knowing that there were cats in the house-not in the guest rooms-was a huge problem and after a 5 minute tour my friend was having a reaction. I was very disappointed that we had to leave at stay at a pet free B&B. I myself am looking forward to returning without my friend for a long stay at this place next year or maybe this Fall. The ladies are wonderful and the house is very relaxing-enjoy this beauty as I do.
Looking forward to returning as a guest alone. I have a cat and it's not a problem for me.

Room Tip: look at the website and select a room
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneseo
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mount Morris
OAK VALLEY INN & SUITES
Allegiance Bed and Breakfast
Allegiance Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 3 in Mount Morris

Been to Temple Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!