“You feel like family once you walk through the door...”

1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Geneva B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2011

There is no better way to describe this lovely bed and breakfast than as your home away from home. From the moment we walked in the door, Diana and Jennifer made us feel like we were long lost members of their family. My boyfriend and I stayed in Mr. Hoskin's Study and this first floor, queen size room is beautifully decorated and quite roomy. The warm colors and plush furniture made you want to snuggle up with a nice glass of wine (or hot tea, haha). The stand up shower is clean and the hand held shower head is convenient. I thought I wouldn't like having my vanity and sink in the bedroom but it turned out to be quite nice. Once you fall into the luxurious linens on the bed, you'll never want to get up! But we did wake up each morning to a delicious breakfast, entertaining conversation and helpful tips for traveling around town. The Finger Lakes Wineries rival California's and the map that Jen lays out for you is extensive. Basically if you're looking for a romantic get-away (great food and wine) with friendly people to talk to this is your place!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 April 2011

Our daughters treated my wife and I to two nights at the Bragdon House for an anniversary present. I cannot imagine how I could have had a better time. The Lady Di suite was tremendous, the breakfasts were great and there are good restaurants and bars within walking distance. I never felt like anything other than a guest in their beautifully decorated home with Seneca Lake glittering in the background. Jenn's restaurant and winery recommendations were "spot-on" and what could be better than doing a wine tour with a local? I'm looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2011

The Bragdon House was truly amazing. Clean, beautifully decorated, every amenity you could need. Located close to wineries, restaurants, local shops. Gorgeous view of the lake. The owners were so sweet and welcoming. It was like walking into a friends home. We really cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

My girlfriend and I were fortunate enough to find a great deal on "living social" and I didn't know the first thing about what it is to stay at a B&B. The area was beautiful, the room clean, Jennifer and Diana were welcoming and very fun to be around. The breakfast was amazing everyday and the wine tour was so much fun. I was shocked by how many good wines you can find in the area. Our stay was relaxing and pleasant. We spent two-days at Bragdon House. Jen says that the summer and spring months are probably the best times to enjoy the lake but I have to say the weather was only a little cold at night but only cool during the day. The vineyards felt like they were open only for us and the tastings seemed like they were entirely private! The wine tour made a fantastic stay even more enjoyable! I would really consider coming during the same time of the year. Either way you're bound to have an amazing time, delicious food, and awesome wine. We had a quesadilla at a bar, that tasted fresh and delicious!! The animals are friendly and although Dexter the cat doesn't know it; his name is actually fluffy-butt!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

My friend and I just spent 2 nights at the Bragdon House Bed and Breakfast and it was wonderful. The room we stayed in was the Pheobe room, very cozy, clean and quiet with a private bath. Though decorated in the 1800's it had all the amenities of new. The owners Jen and her mom Diane were wonderful. It was as if we were family come to stay for the weekend. The breakfasts were excellent, freshly prepared by Jen each morning. We awoke to the smell of coffee, sausage and french toast the first morning, bacon and pancakes the second. The close proximity to Geneva center made it easy to find anything we needed and they were very helpful in picking out local restaurants for dining. The wine trail was great on our first day but the second was even better as Jen was our guide and drove us to the wineries and explained a lot of the history of each one. When we sat down to lunch with her it was if she was one of our girlfriends that we had known forever. I would highly recommend the Bragdon House for the location but especially for the warm and friendly "family atmosphere" shared by all. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2011

My husband and I met friends from out of town here for catching up , laughs and a few wine tastings. The location was great for both the Finger lakes winerys and the outlet mall for shopping. The rooms were very attractive, clean and very comfortable. We stayed in Di's Suite. The living area was cozy for sitting and chatting with our friends and the owners even built us a fire in the fireplace one evening. Jennifer made great breakfasts, very substantial and delicious. But the best part of staying here is the warm and friendly owners who made us feel like family.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Spent Valentines Chocolate and Wine Weekend in the Finger Lakes in Geneva. Stayed at Bragdon House Bed and Breakfast for the first time. My husband and I felt like we were staying with family. Both Jennifer, her husband and her mom make you feel so welcome, that we were so sad to be leaving after our two night visit. The breakfast is over and beyond your average breakfast, and is presented so beautifully. Don' t let the fact that there are dogs and cats in the home keep you from staying at this B & B. The dogs did not bark at all during our stay, and the cats kept to themselves,and the animals were as sweet and friendly as their owners! The house is spotless and you would never know pets were inside, so don't let pets keep you from visiting this excellent bed & breakfast. We are looking forward to our return trip. Bill & Gail

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
The Gould Hotel
1 mi away
Geneva on the Lake
Geneva on the Lake
#6 of 11 in Geneva

Been to 1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!