“A Memorable Honeymoon”

Ranked #1 of 10 Geneva B&B and Inns
Bloomsburg
“A Memorable Honeymoon”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Having been our first stay at a Bed&Breakfast, it is hard to try any others. My husband and I decided to try the Bragdon House on our honeymoon, and it was a decision we will never forget. Jen and Diana are the best. One would think they're sisters, but they are a mother-daughter pair. With our experience, Jen gave us an amazing wine tour and Diana cooked breakfasts that forced me to ask for the recipe. My husband, who hardly eats breakfasts, even came down to eat when breakfast was served.

Above the door, there is a sign that says "Come as strangers, leave as friends" and that is exactly how Jen and Diana make you feel. We had such a great experience, we hope to return for future anniversaries.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My boyfriend and I came to Bragdon House between Christmas and New Year's. The owners went out of their way to make us feel welcome, even rearranging the room assignments so that we could stay an extra night. When we weren't drinking wine or eating, we were sitting by the fire reading, exploring the Hobart and William Smith campuses, or watching one of the excellent movies Diana and Jen provided. The food was excellent, the wineries fun, and the dining in downtown Geneva reasonably priced and elegant. The trip surpassed my expectations.

Manlius, NY
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My husband and I were so very pleased with everything Bragdon house had to offer. From the warm reception, amazing breakfasts and the gorgeous rooms. Located at the tip of Seneca Lake, this is the perfect spot to start your wine tasting tour. Belhurst Castle is a must stop for wine tasting and lunching. Remember to ask Jen and Diana for choice wineries, we liked each one they recommended.

Buffalo
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband & I just returned from a wonderful weekend spent with Jen & Diana!! They opened their beautiful home & hearts with not only us but all of the other people staying there this weekend.The delicious breakfast we had each morning along with their "made you feel like you were at home atmosphere" made everything very special. We have stayed in other B & Bs but this is a rare gem in the Geneva area. All of their recommendations were spot on & the wineries were fabulous!! We will definitely be back soon!

Thanks again Jen & Di!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Di's suite & it was awesome! Everything was great!!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 December 2011

My husband and I spent this past weekend up at Bragdon House. We needed a nice, relaxing couple of days away from the hustle of NYC and we could not have asked for a better experience. We stayed in the Betty suite and we loved the view of the lake when we woke up in the AM and not the mention, the claw-foot bathtub to take a nightly soak. Di and Jen provided great suggestions for our day and the breakfast was to die for. I really believe that Di should sell those morning muffins as I would buy them by the bushel. Also Di was really adaptable to changing things so my husband, who has some food limitations, could enjoy her cooking.

I am not sure regarding the bad review regarding the animals in the B+B as it is clearly stated all over the paperwork and website. As someone who is not the biggest fan of cats, I will tell you I think Dexter is the greatest cat ever to walk the planet.

Can't wait to go back and spend more time with Di and Jen! Thanks for a great weekend.

Toronto, ON
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We purchased a 2 night wine tasting package in mid November. Our entire experience even before stepping foot into the B&B was spectacular! Jennifer was a delight to work with and speak with while trying to figure out what weekend we should enjoy our stay!

The B&B is beautifully kept and decorated, it's got a warm feeling where you immediately feel at home. We stayed in Mr. Hoskin’s Study which is on the main floor and is a very cozy room.

The package we had included breakfast which was AMAZING! Both mornings we were able to enjoy some great company and some EXCELLENT food, freshly baked and made by Jennifer herself it couldn’t have been any better!!

Jennifer and her mother are amazing Hosts and kept us entertained throughout the entire weekend! They were able to recommend what places to eat at, which wineries to check out based on what we wanted and had great stories that made us laugh and giggle throughout our entire stay.

We had dinner at Halsey's (Jen's recommendation) this restaurant is dim lighting and very romantic the food was amazing and they had items for everyone's taste buds....

While at Finger Lakes we took advantage of their Wineries...we were there during their Deck the Halls event but missed out on getting tickets (if you want to attend this event make sure you book your tickets MONTHS AND MONTHS in advance...they sell out QUICKLY!). Regardless, with some help from Jennifer, a map and an appetite for great wine we enjoyed a wine tasting at about 9 wineries. Each winery was beautiful and had a special wine to showcase and show off!

This B&B is definitely a Gem and a great place to go if you’re looking for a friendly, warm and relaxing get away filled with delicious food and wines!

Sofia & Mark
Engaged @ Bragdon House B&B November 2011

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Philly
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Stayed for a 2 night wine tasting package with my boyfriend- our first trip to a BnB together. What a sweet, romantic trip! Jennifer gave us a spot-on recommendation for dinner (Halsey's), I discovered the cast-iron tub and bath salts (hooray!), and we watched the sun rise from our bed in the Betty suite (the Phoebe also has a gorgeous lake view). Be forewarned, the bed is super comfortable and tough to leave! We booked a 6-hour wine tour, which quickly became a beer and distillery tour when we discovered Two Goats brew pub and Finger lakes distillery. Jennifer was an amazing tour guide and provided wine geek knowledge for me and helpful guidance for my wine-newby BF. We wound down the night sipping wine on the screened-in back porch (fresh air! no bugs!). This was the perfect getaway!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank wandererPhilly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites

Been to 1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!