“Hearty food”
Review of Beef & Brew

Beef & Brew
Ranked #2 of 88 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingston, NY
“Hearty food”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a place for steaks, burgers, pot pies and other comforting food. Very casual with a busy bar. I hear late at night they move the tables for music and dancing, I think that is for the college crowd.

Visited December 2013

• Turkish first
Watervliet, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great beer selection”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great beer selection. Our waitress was quite attentive. They had someone playing piano in the bar which was nice. Our food was pretty good. Some items were just ok but my sandwich of beef and cheddar was top notch.

Visited April 2014
Batavia, New York
“Great Food & Piano Music!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was the 1st restaurant we tried while in Geneva and the food was great- atmosphere with live piano music relaxing and fun** Nice waiter too!!!

Visited April 2014
Watertown, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Steak was finominal”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was my first time to this town. I'm from the active duty army and now I'm in the national guard. My troop is right across the street and this place was recommended by the NCOIC that was in processing me. So during my breakbi came here for lunch. Got the pulled pork sandwich and it was very good. But I came back for dinner that same day, loved the beer. It was great. I ordered a steak, some grilled veggies, and there garlic mashed potatoes, it was so amazing. I like it because it was exactly like having a home cooked steak dinner. They let u pick out ur seasoning and everything. I'll be coming back here every weekend I have drill with the national guard for sure. And the dude that served was an awesome guy. He gave me lots of free beers for serving. Must go type of joint.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank sbbeyer
Rochester, New York
“Go for the Brew, leave for the beef.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have never written a negative review, but we went here by a recommedation of a friend and I always rely on these reviews before trying somewhere new. So, here goes;
We went here for dinner on a Friday night at 5:30. Took me a bit to get a drink , as entire staff was sitting and eating their dinner & talking. Also, some guy ( seemed like a staff member) sitting at the end of the bar practicing his guitar and singing softly. Not sure if he was singing later that night there or not, but saw him leave a little while later.
My husband arrived from work and we were seated for dinner. Only one other table (with loud woman) in entire restaurant and waitress sat us right next to them. We ordered the beef stew and a steak. I was excited to get a steak, as I had heard great things about this place. The beef stew was SOUP, so runny & watery and average flavor. The steak was ordered Medium, came rare, purple-red in the middle. Sent it back and then waited & waited, wondering why it was taking so long to just bring it up to temp. Of course, came back much later- Well done. As you can see the masked potatoes were gross. Luke-warm and bland with a river of butter running over the top.
Was so excited to try this place, left completely disappointed.

• Visited March 2014