“Pig Roast!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We drove downtown to go to Halsey's, but they were closed for a week. So we decided to walk around a bit, when we saw a guy manning a barbecue with a whole pig on it, all you can eat, with sides and a beer for $13.95? SOLD.

We waited a full 6 minutes before the wait staff approached, which we could not understand as the place was more than half empty, and there appeared to be three servers working. Whatever, the pork was delicious, there was house made potato salad, cole slaw, beans, rolls, and two sauces. Also, they have at least 30 beers on tap, and the beer menu was at least 8 pages.

Yeah, we pigged out!

Apparently, they do the pig on Saturdays. I recommend a stop here.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This has to be the best local place in Geneva NY for either a drink or nice meal!

Their selection of wine and beer is excellent - it made for about 20 minutes on my end deciding between all the wonderful options.

As for the food - it was also a well stocked menu and including their signature beer and cheddar soup, which was as good as it sounds. The main dish we had, chicken, was perfectly cooked and included a nice portion of vegetables and some really good garlic-mashed potatoes. A hardy, tasty, and satisfying meal.

The staff were helpful with recommendations, friendly, and very attentive.

While Geneva NY is not a place we visit often, if we're on the interstate (just north of the city) we would definitely go out of our way to stop here for a nice meal again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Michael and I went to the Beef and Brew while we were in town. We had a wonderful time. Michael loves beer so he was very excited when he saw the variety of beers they had. They food was delicious. I had the brew stew and Michael had a burger. Both were perfection. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Patricia P
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The menu stated the roast beef was always cooked to medium rare, but I said, "I'd like my Roast Beef with Cheddar medium rare." Just to be sure. It was well done. They were out of potato skins (It was noon on Memorial Day). The Buffalo style wings were typical "Franks Hot Sauce" style wings. The fruit-flies in the bar area was a bit disturbing.
I'm from Buffalo, so when it comes to wings and Roast Beef Sandwiches, I guess I'm just spoiled. I won't be going back to "Beef and Brew."

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Stopped in for a meal, with no reservations. We had to wait for about 20 mins., but spent the time at the large bar, with friendly and helpful bar staff. I had a Founders Dirty (can't type the name here because of profanity filters) Scotch Ale, and the others in our party also found beers of their liking. Very relaxed atmosphere, even though the restaurant portion was full. It was a pleasant night out and our table was outside on the deck. It is a bit rustic, but we were in jeans, so it was a good fit. The mushroom and Brie soup was GREAT. I should have gotten a bowl, rather than a cup. I had the 14 ounce Prime Rib, medium rare. Wonderful piece of beef, cooked perfectly. The garlic smashed potatoes were just the way I like them, a bit chunky, with plenty of butter. The cole slaw was fresh and complemented the meal. We all had soup and a meal, several beers, and a lot of conversation. Three desserts, and the bill was around $125.00 for 4 people. Worth every penny. Would go back, if we had time on this trip. Thumbs up!

1  Thank Turbocouch