“Very nice atmosphere, food was decent” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ciccino's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 87 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, New York
1,886 restaurant reviews
“Very nice atmosphere, food was decent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stopped by Ciccino's for a quick lunch following a trip to the Waterloo Outlet Center. I was impressed by the atmosphere of the bar area and the front dining room. The back dining area, however, is not as nice, so try to get a table up front.

For my lunch, I had a bowl of French Onion Soup and a "spinach cranberry salad." The onion soup was very good, with caramelized onions and a nice broiled cheese layer on top. (I had two bay leaves in my soup bowl, which I've never heard of in onion soup!)

My main course, I must admit, underwhelmed me. The spinach cranberry salad did have a lot of cranberries, and red onions and feta cheese. But it needed more...I couldn't put my finger on it. The "orange vinaigrette" dressing lacked an orange flavor, or any tang at all, and the overall effect was not very flavorful. I would have added some walnuts or pecans, and then something else as well...perhaps crumbled bacon, or maybe some Clement orange slices. Whatever, I think they still need to work on that one.

Anyway, my server was very polite and attentive, and the overall experience was pretty nice. I would go back for a future visit.

• Visited March 2014

Geneva, New York
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Ciccino's is a great place for all things Italian. We often get takeout and are never disappointed. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited December 2013
Canandaigua, New York
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The restaurant was quiet on 12/26 when we went in for a late dinner. The char-broiled honey garlic chicken wings were crispy, steaming hot and very flavorful with the perfect amount of sweet and spice. My husband ordered a Stromboli which he said was very good. It came with a side bowl of marinara sauce for dipping. I ordered a cheese calzone. It was hot, fresh and very good. It also came with a side of marinara sauce which was quite good. My calzone was so big, I brought half of it home. The onion ring we ordered were the only disappointment. They were soggy and tasteless. Our dinner with one soda was $33.00.

• Visited December 2013
Rising Sun, Maryland
“'Chi-Chi-nose' Fabulous Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Great pizza after a long day on the road. Going on a Wednesday evening, we were shocked how crowded it was due to a music & trivia type game that was happening. Everyone seemed to be having a great time. Specifically, we had the Meat Lovers Brick Oven Pizza and it was fabulous! Too full to try any desserts but my spouse enjoyed a Guinness while we ate. Reasonable cost - less than $20 for the two of us. We plan to return and try some of the other items on the extensive menu (which you can see on their website: www.ciccinos.com). Aside from dining in, there is a separate take out area too. Open every day of the week for lunch & dinner.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TravelingCoyote
Waterdown, Canada
“surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

stopped in here on a whim, after a day of shopping at the Waterloo outlet. While it was past lunch (130 pm) there was on one server, and a handful of patrons. The service was fine (not fabulous, but the server was clearly stressed for some reason) but the food was surprisingly good! Had the spinach wrap with balsalmic reduction....excellent! Our daughter ordered the bruscetta.... a huge let down, just a few slices of melba style rounds with sliced tomatoes and cheese on top...

• Visited August 2013