“Quaint and Cozy”
other travellers have booked this property
Our Cottage Our Annual Sunset Photo Contest Winner
Master Bedroom
Bath
Fishing at Sunset
Assembled Just for You
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

roadqueen...
Belleville, Pennsylvania
“Quaint and Cozy”
Reviewed 5 weeks ago for a stay in September 2018

Loved the deck and the view. Cottage was well maintained (except the furnace went out a few days before our arrival) but Joe and neighbor George took good care of us with space heaters. Very quiet and relaxing - no traffic noise or noisy neighbors. Within easy distance of everything! Winery, Sampson Air Force/Navy museum, Rose Hill Mansion, Geneva.

Amanda Q
Long Island, New York
“Wonderful Lake Cottage”
Reviewed 7 October 2018 for a stay in July 2018

My Friends and I went to this beautiful Lake cottage in Seneca this past July. Everything was exactly as it was advertised. There was a King Sized bed, and then another room with 4 bunk beds ( 3 twins and one full bed). We really enjoyed the close proximity to the wineries. It was such a short drive to some great wineries. Joe was kind enough to leave us winery vouchers, it really helped with the cost! We brought a float with us and were able to relax on the lake on the float right outside the property. The immediate lake access was exactly what we wanted. There was a grill to enjoy and a small Kitchen that was stocked with what you could want.
I take away one star for 3 reasons.
1) I have stayed at many rentals and this was the first time that you had to bring your own bath and kitchen mats, bathroom and kitchen soaps, toilet paper etc. Those things ( esp bath and kitchen mats) should be provided.
2) The owner was very strict on the amount of people that could stay. We 100% understood there was a minimum, and respected that. He charged extra money for a 7th person. which I am not sure why 1 additional person needed to be charged over $100 more.
3) If you want something secluded, this isn't for you. We knew going in that the property was shared. That wasn't an issue. But there were neighbors that came over to the property, kids running in the back of our rental, by the lake and area we were hanging. At times it was a little intrusive. The instructions left said if the neighbors grandkids came over you can tell them to leave, but we felt that was rude.

Overall it was a great place, very central and you can't beat the lake access.

Management Response
24 Oct 2018
Dear Amanda Ally-Quatrani

I want to thank you again for staying with us.
Thank you also for your kind words and the high review score.
Permit me to address the three concerns you mentioned.

1. Regarding bringing your own supplies: We have done our research and approximately 50% of the rentals in the Finger Lakes region require guests to bring their own supplies. Additionally, I sent you a list of what to bring approximately 3 months before your arrival. I am a bit confused as to why you never mentioned your dissatisfaction with this until now, 3 months after your rental concluded.

2. Regarding your 7th person: Amanda you sent me over 6 emails regarding the number of people in your party. First it was 6, then it was 5, then it was 8, and finally 7. As I explained to you, I live next door to my rental. I have agreements with my neighbors to limit occupancy. I did not want 7 or 8 people. Our limit is clearly advertised as 6. The extra charge for the 7th person was at my discretion and you accepted it in writing, approximately three months before your rental began. Again, I am a bit confused as to why you never mentioned your dissatisfaction with this until now, three months after your rental concluded.

3. Regarding the “non-seclusion” of the property: You mentioned the property is shared. I don’t know where you got that. The property is not shared. It has its own yard, beach, waterfront, deck, dock, patio etc. which you fully enjoyed during your stay. You also mentioned my neighbor’s grandchildren coming over and how they were intrusive to your festivities. Amanda you had 7 people at my cottage all in your late 20’s. You were playing games in the back yard and you were very loud. The children were inquisitive, that’s natural. You said you felt “rude” to tell them to leave? Why didn’t you tell me? I would have taken care of them for you, no problem.

Thanks again for staying with us.
Joseph M Rao, Owner
Sightsee8...
“Fish Dinner on this Visit”
Reviewed 30 September 2018 for a stay in September 2018

This was our third year to vacation at this delightful, vintage 1940’s cottage with a beautiful view of Seneca Lake. As before, we found a sparkling clean and cozy retreat for us to admire sunsets, sit and listen to nature, and fish for lake trout, all while unwinding from the stresses and strains of our regular lives.

Captain Joe has a boat docked next door and will arrange for fishing trips or pleasure cruises. The lake is just steps from the back door and ready for swimming if the weather is hot enough. Each morning a mother duck brought her brood by for a ‘splashing’ good time off the swim platform.

We are a family of four—Mom, Dad, and two adult children. Our main interest for Dad is fishing, and the rest of us enjoy visiting shops, eating out, relaxing by the lake’s shore, and seeing friends at the Windmill (on Saturdays throughout the summer on Rt. 14A north of Dundee.)

The past two years, we’ve packed fish cooking supplies in readiness, but were not able to find or land the famed lake trout. This time, we came with no special fish cooking supplies and Captain Joe was able to locate the fish and help us land three beautiful trout. Joe helped us prepare the meal in foil on the grill and we ate outside on the picnic table with some coleslaw and baked potatoes.
It was delicious. Thank you, Joe, for your helpfulness. We will remember that meal for a long time.

The weather was great. Temperatures were cool during the day and a little chilly at night. Sunshine prevailed and there was little humidity. Our summer in Central Maryland had been hot and humid with way too much rain, so the fifties, sixties, and seventies for highs were a welcome change.

Joe and Pat have plenty of suggestions for eating out and things to see and do, including some wine tasting venues. They have compiled the info into notebooks for renters’ needs. We found Uncle Joe’s Italian restaurant in Geneva and Connie’s Diner in Waterloo, during our first year and have made sure we returned each vacation.

We realize that our type of vacation may not be for everyone. This location is quiet, and relaxing. You may crave more excitement. There are plenty of water sport items available and plenty of wineries and other attractions and nightlife possibilities. Internet and cable TV, plus videos, books and games help provide you with bad weather activities.

While the cottage is not large, it is a good size for us and is well-maintained. Joe and Pat see to that and Joe plants a big garden each year and shares the harvest. There was a basket of Roma tomatoes greeting us when we arrived this year. How many motels do that for their vacationers?

Gerald J
“GORGEOUS PLACE RIGHT ON THE LAKE !!”
Reviewed 22 September 2018 for a stay in September 2018

One could not ask for more. Everything was perfect. The place was immaculate. The grounds were meticulously landscaped. The flowers were everywhere. The lake was 20 feet from the door. The view from the cottage was spectacular. I could go on and on. We will be back next year !!!

GrandTour...
“Perfect location with a beautiful view!”
Reviewed 15 September 2018 for a stay in September 2018

The view of Seneca Lake was breathtaking and it was so quiet and peaceful.The cottage was very nice and had everything that we needed. Very clean. We'll visit again. The owner Joe was so friendly and helpful. Close to many wineries.

jessg7232...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“THIS PLACE WAS AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We came here for my cousins bachelorette weekend. She wanted something fun but low key. This cottage was PERFECT. And the owner, Joe, who lives next door was the best. He made sure we had everything we needed. Floats, water shoes (he even told us ahead of time to bring them but we forgot!) He took us out on the boat and we caught a trout! The inside is super cute (there were 5 of us)- but we spent most of our time outside by the lake or in the lake which was gorgeous. I will absolutely be going back with my family on our next vacation. I 100% recommend this place! It is not far from wineries, restaurants, attractions etc.

Your age range 25-34
David C
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Perfect lake getaway”
Reviewed 26 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

A lovely cottage with fantastic lake views and access. Well worth your money, this calm scenic cottage is the perfect place to relax. Too many wineries to list and you have to try them all. We are planning our next trip there.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing