“Most scenic winery with a view!”
Review of Ventosa Vineyard

Ventosa Vineyard
Ranked #5 of 34 things to do in Geneva
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our third winery stop in the Geneva area. This winery definitely has that tuscan look and feel to it as soon as you step foot inside. Since we were hungry, we placed our food order prior to the wine tastings, so by the time we finished our wine tastings our lunch would be ready. The wraps from their cafe are amazing and we enjoyed it from their back patio…which is the most picturesque view I've seen from a winery! My husband had the grilled chicken wrap and I had the chicken salad wrap. This was by far one of the best wraps I've ever had! I believe I had mine with the semi-sweet riesling and the two went perfect together! Definitely get something from their cafe after your wine tastings, you will enjoy it along with the view!

Now the wine tastings were really good. The semi-sweet riesling was my favorite out of all that was offered (I favor the sweeter wines vs. the dry wines). There was a good amount of wine to select from, so it depended on if you wanted more a dry or sweet wine. There were a lot of people in here the same time as us, but it wasn't too overwhelming as we experienced from a previous winery. We tried asking our server questions about the wines and winery, but I felt like they were kept pretty busy with the others who were tasting as well. There were 2 areas where you could have done your tastings, a long counter set along the side with views to the side of the winery, and another smaller rounded one in the back (which seemed setup more for bigger groups of tasters) which overlooked the patio and out towards Seneca Lake.

Overall this winery is must stop to see and check out! We would definitely come back here when in the area again! Just make sure to check out the back patio and enjoy your meal and some wine!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here by accident. Beautiful grounds gorgeous views from back deck. Wines were good. Staff was friendly. We got food from the cafe which was delicious. We sat on the back deck and enjoyed our meal and the gorgeous view. Definitely a great place to stop if in that area.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our stop here was enjoyable. The views are fantastic, the staff was friendly, they have a nice little cafe if you need a bite to eat, and the wine was good. Three of us tasted, and all found at least one wine that they enjoyed, and we all have varying tastes. Their prices may be on the bit more expensive side, but they also offer a couple selections that are very reasonable. We would certainly go back if we were in the area again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband & I had our wedding here on Memorial Day and the staff all did a wonderful job of making the experience as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. The view over Seneca Lake was unbelievable and the food and wine was all excellent.

1  Thank Rebecca S
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was our last stop on the preferred pairing tour, although the place is beautiful and big the wine wasn't that good. When we got there we had to wait because once again they had a small place for people with tickets for the tour to taste. Thankful for the guy from the cheesery who went and got the manager to open another place to taste. the girl who did the tasting was a snob. it was like we were too much for her to help with this part. Don't think we will be going back there any time soon.

1  Thank loisc1958