“French toast superb”

Water St. Cafe
Ranked #13 of 89 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lewiston, Maine
“French toast superb”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had French toast with strawberry topping. It was California style. Ask for fresh fruit for your topping, if available. I didn't know about this option until after I had eaten. The neighbor table had fresh strawberries. I asked and was told the chef will have them for you, if available. My husband had an omelette with cheddar and mushrooms. It also came with toast. The whole meal cost $12. The breakfast was great and we ate outside on the street/patio. The day was lovely and bright and it was fun to see the traffic go by. At 9am, there was not much but people watching still can be fun.

Visited June 2014

Rochester, New York
1,952 restaurant reviews
“Nothing appealing in this restaurant”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I'm sorry to write this report as a '2,' but I found very little of appeal in this small joint on the main road through Geneva. The outside façade of the restaurant is actually the most appealing part of it. Once you enter, you are faced with a very dreary-looking linear arrangement of tables and aged booths. It isn't much to look at, and there are no decorative themes whatsoever inside the place. (I sat next to the front cash-out counter, which sells used-looking golf shirt in the glass case.

For lunch, I ordered a turkey club sandwich, which was kind of soggy and served on white bread that had no taste at all. (See my photo below.) I also received a large dish of cole slaw, (it was large), which I didn't care for. And I LOVE cole slaw...almost ALL cole slaw! But this stuff just didn't make it. I don't know...maybe I don't have "Geneva taste buds," but I did not enjoy my lunch here.

Service was acceptable; she brought me what I ordered, and was pleasant, so I still left a decent tip. However, I would not return to this restaurant for any meal in the future.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Larry W
Austin, Texas
“Denny's?”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I'll start by saying that I knocked off a star because the owner has given herself THREE 5 star reviews on this site. We decided to give it a try anyway due to the lack of options in this town. The wait staff was not polite, albeit not rude either. They were obviously very eager to finish up with their breakfast shift. I ordered a frittata, which was a mistake. It is far from a frittata but instead resembled a mass of scrambled eggs with what looked like a combination of leftovers from everyone else's breakfast plates including a single cauliflower, 2 pieces of carrot, and some green beans. My husband's basic eggs, bacon, & french toast breakfast resembled one of Denny's but less fresh. I guess you get what you pay for because at least the place is cheap.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CarolinePhoto
anne b, Owner at Water St. Cafe, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Apologies to readers of Trip Advisor.I never meant to submit "reviews" for the diner since I am obviously aware of the rules and that's just plain not right. In the course of trying to defend a customers brutal attack on my staff I submitted what was meant to be a rebuttal but somehow Trip Advisor graded it. This happened a couple times. I have to get in touch with them to find out how to do that but not have it be graded. I appreciate your patronage
Lockport, New York
“Cute little diner”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I ate breakfast here with my husband. I had the western omelette with toast and he had the hash lovers (or something like that) omelette with toast. They were both delicious. Staff and other patrons all very friendly. Also our bill plus tip was less than $20. We would go back here again.

1 Thank aking724
Oakfield, New York
“Delicious breakfast”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was our 2nd visit to the Water St. Cafe. We were promptly seated and waited upon. Our food was delicious. Best of all was we had front seat viewing for the Memorial Day parade. I highly recommend you stop in for breakfast.

Visited May 2014