“This is what a B&B should B.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
Woodruff Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Geneva B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“This is what a B&B should B.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Woodruff Manor with another couple. Long story short, the place is nearly perfect and if you want a B&B experience, Woodruff Manor will satisfy it.

Long story long, here's the nitty gritty.

Location: Woodruff Manor is located about three-quarters of the way between Ithaca and Geneva. It's surrounded on all sides by farmland and vineyards. So if what you wine is wine-hopping, then this is a great great location. Geneva doesn't have much besides bars, but at least you can eat relatively late at them. The area is otherwise very calm. Research your dining options before you come. Restaurants are few and far between in farm country. Being used to the wine trail on the North Fork of Long Island, my gf and I had no idea how rural this part of the state really is.

The Place: Woodruff Manor has four rooms with a fifth on the way. The owners are slowly renovating. Our room was small relative to a standard hotel room at a Hilton or a Holiday Inn (which one should not really compare this B&B to), but was spotlessly clean, save some water stains on the door frame. Each room has its own bathroom, which is something I insist on. There's nothing worse than having to share a bathroom down the hall somewhere and hoping that the other guests are as courteous as you are. Our bed was incredibly comfortable. Maybe it was the hiking through the gorges or the wine or the long drives, but we passed out within seconds of our heads hitting the pillow. Our friends, to be fair, had a different experience. While our beds couldn't be more comfortable, they had trouble sleeping. The walls are pretty thin. If you expect to have any loud conversations, then you should also expect that they will be heard through the door to your room. The rooms have a dresser and a TV in addition to the private bath. I wish it also had a mini-fridge so that we could have bought cheese from the dairy nearby and chilled wine to drink on the porch. As for wi-fi, I specifically left my computer at home, but when my phone scanned for any hotspots so I could get the Times on Sunday, it couldn't find any. That might be a big deal for some, but this wasn't a business trip where I had to play with PDFs or spreadsheets between sips of reisling. I let everything load via my data connection.

This being a bed and breakfast, the owners make breakfast. It's the only meal you can get at the hotel, but it is amazing. Initially, I was opposed to getting up by 830 to eat. I'm not a breakfast person. But man can they cook. Frittatas and fresh berries and banana flambe. FLAMBE! It was absolutely delicious and you knew right away that the owners got a kick out of making it fancy.

Cost: At about $170 per night there are less expensive options out there, though really not many. But it is well worth the cost. Well worth it. The place is clean and large and gorgeous. The owners are nice and friendly but not creepy and weird like some B&B owners. You're in a great central location, you get a great meal to start your day, and you're not at some dump motel. Hell, even the other guests were nice, normal people. It's almost like we were being screened somehow to weed out the sketchy weirdos.

Seriously, we had a wonderful time and the odds are that you will, too. I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 1.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We recently stayed at the Woodruff Manor for a wedding we were attending at the nearby Belhurst Castle. Having never been to the Finger Lakes region, we had no idea what to expect. The Woodruff Manor was a lovely surprise. The inn itself is a lovely old farm house, painstakingly restored by its current owners, the charming Bianca and Javier. Our room was spacious, bright, and well-appointed. Bianca and Javier were wonderful hosts. The breakfasts were delicious and their willingness to readily accommodate my husband's belatedly-disclosed gluten free diet was much appreciated. We would definitely recommend the Woodruff Manor to anyone who has occasion to visit Geneva!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

A great overall experience in a fantastic restored farmhouse.

Thoughtful details including great local winery recommendations and a home cooked breakdast, including Javier's amazing flan.

I would recommend to anyone looking for a warm experience balanced by a great value.

• Stayed August 2013