“Great pizza”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great pizza”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Service was good. Food was up and down. Pizza was excellent. Nachos were very tasty, but not warm enough. Pasta was good, but kind of pricey considering no rolls or salad?! Salmon dish was good, but also not warm enough. Stuffed chicken too salty. Dessert menu extremely limited. Has great potential

Visited May 2014

Syracuse
“Good Food, Mediocre Service”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

When I first heard about this restaurant, I was very excited. Opus, which is owned by the same couple, is a fantastic coffee house; the employees are wonderful, the food is delicious, and the staff are very accommodating. I went to Seneca Brew and Smokehouse when they first opened and have been there three times since the menu was revamped. I thoroughly enjoy their pizzas. The fusilli is also good, but be prepared for a large portion. I enjoyed the leftovers for three days after I ate there. The downside to this restaurant would be its service.

I recently went to Seneca Brew and Smokehouse with a larger party (13) for dinner, and despite having a reservation and running late, I was surprised by the amount of time we waited just to put in drink orders (at least 30-minutes). Additionally, I had left a message for the reservation, and when I did not receive a call to confirm, I followed-up and spoke with a very curt person on the other end of the line. At the restaurant, one couple in the party had an 8-month old with them and were given a broken high chair, which was replaced 30 minutes after our arrival. During our wait, the couple asked if the server could provide any bread or crackers for their child, and while the server said "yes," she never came back with anything; fortunately, they had come prepared with their own snacks. Part of the poor service was due to a lack of staffing. For a Saturday night at 6:30, there was a bartender and single server. This is obviously not enough for a full restaurant. The servers were clearly doing their best, but I had higher expectations, especially given my previous experiences.

In short, I would recommend this restaurant for a couple or small party (less than 4) on a night when the restaurant is adequately staffed; however, for a larger group, this would not be my first choice.

• Visited March 2014
canandaigua
“disaster !!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Dont go here unless you can tolerate bad food, bad service and well...... paying for it.
Seriously the worst service and attitude ive ever experienced. Servers seem to except that your food is going to be sent back to the kitchen. they tend to not really like or want to be there. You never really know who is greeting you, serving you or if they care. The food, not good, out of things, substituting for you with out your permission, and food burnt. they Dont Care !!! We Wont Be Back.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank george z
Jamestown, Rhode Island
“This Redo is a Must Do!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while visiting Geneva and could not have been more pleased! I can only say that the menu change which we were told occurred this past week, elevated this restaurant into a whole new class. The menu was diverse and interesting, showcasing meat, poultry and fish with gourmet refinement. The Ciopinno (shellfish stew) was rich, zesty and fresh. The wood grilled pizza was crisp with a sophisticated combination of toppings. The bar staff was accommodating and well versed with her wine recommendations. In general, the staff seemed very busy and proud of the new menu.

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“New place”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Its a new place...still smells like cut wood inside....Niiiiice beer selection, food was OK, I had the crab BLT....yum, would've been better on a sturdier bun. I was vacationing there .....one of our many stops.

• Visited September 2013