“Can't wait to go back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
Cobtree Vacation Rental Homes Resort
detroit
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We are so happy that we chose to stay at Cobtree during our visit to Geneva and the finger lakes region. We travel with our dog so it was important for us to stay somewhere that she would be welcome. Our hosts Robert and Jane were absolutely wonderful, Robert gave us excellent tips on where to dine, hike and wine taste. The location was perfect, the house was very clean and the deck had a great grill which we used every night. We stayed in the Seneca house which has 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. It is a two story with the master bedroom downstairs and the other two bedrooms and bath upstairs which was perfect for our nephew since it provided privacy and the ability to stay up later than his "old" aunt and uncle without worrying about keeping us awake. The view was beautiful! There is a Wegman's grocery store a few miles away that was reasonably priced and had fresh produce and meat/seafood. There is also a bakery inside Wegman's where one morning after walking our dog along the waterfront, we picked up fresh pecan rolls and chocolate croissants. Our dog couldn't have been happier as there are walking trails right on the property for long dog walks as well as a perfect place in the backyard of the house to play frisbee. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Cobtree, Owner at Cobtree Vacation Rental Homes Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
We too love having to stay with us guests that appreciate all the hard work that Jane and I do to try to make Cobtree the destination of choice and especially, to our canine loving guests many of whom over the years become our good friends just like Joanne and Jack from Delaware have!

We cannot always get it exactly right and we are after all only human when it comes to guest interaction as there is always a certain chemistry involved. Especially with those guests who from time to time do treat Jane and I so very badly. I am so happy that the interaction between us was a happy one and that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to being your hosts once again on your next visit to this beautiful region of the country.

Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Geneva, New York
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Our company rented 3 of the homes to lodge our sales and marketing team, who flew in to attend meetings at our Geneva facility. Everyone loved staying in the homes, and the opportunity to really kick back after a full day of meetings. We had the added bonus of all (local team members as well) being able to gather for an extended dinner and gab session on the porch of one of the homes, which provided a panoramic overlook of Seneca Lake and surrounding landscape.

Compared to hotel accommodations and dinners out, we saved some serious dollars, and sent our visitors home with a memory of a Finger Lakes getaway, rather than just one more business trip.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Cobtree, Owner at Cobtree Vacation Rental Homes Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
It was really great to have you and your group stay with us once again and to rent the three properties together. Having so many executives from so many States come to stay with us was a real treat and, we are very grateful that you decided to stay with us for a second time around too.

Jane and I work tirelessly to try to maintain our properties to a standard that lives up to our motto of "Home Away from Home" and it is not any easy thing to do with 64 acres of manicured lake view lands to take care of and which includes the 18 acres of woodlands with their woodland trails as well.

Well behaved guests such as your large group that not only respect our properties and take care of not causing any damage, who follow the few rules that we have and who treat Jane and with the due respect of business owners and fellow human beings, is always a pleasure to host and we sincerely thank you for this.

We look forward to your third visit to stay with us and don't forget, we do offer returning guest discounts as well as a free welcome gift as well!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed in the Cayuga Cabin for a wedding and had a terrible experience. Upon entering the home, you could smell urine coming from an old crib in the downstairs bedroom. Later, we noticed that the toilet was not flushing properly and called the property owner, Robert [--] to check on it. He came over and angrily told us that the toilet was fine and we were not intelligent enough to figure out how to use it. On his way out, he called me a "stupid bimbo". My husband pulled him aside later and respectfully asked him if he had said that (he was hoping he would apologize as I was nearly in tears) and the owner tried to start a physical altercation.

In addition to his inappropriate behavior, Robert ignored the fact that his dog urinated on one of the tables in the reception tent (the two dogs roamed freely). I will NEVER stay at this poorly run "resort" again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
14 Thank Kristin M
Cobtree, Owner at Cobtree Vacation Rental Homes Resort, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
In response to this review, I wish to say that we are always more than happy to seriously address any of our guests concerns or rare complaints that are not simply malicious and that are of a genuine nature.

However, there does seem to be some confusion or misunderstanding because firstly, I did not call you a Bimbo. Being from England this word is not one that is used in our vocabulary and I had to actually had to look up this word to learn what it meant after reading this review. Neither was there any threatened physical altercation with your husband. Two things that are simply not correct t I am afraid.

When you telephoned me, I informed you that I was in the middle of my lunch and I told you that I would come over to see what the problem was as soon as I had finished. You then demanded that I immediately came over to your property to check on why the toilet was not flushing because you wanted to take a shower. I dropped everything and immediately came over to your cottage as you so demanded of me. Even though I was taken aback by the rough and demanding manner in which you spoke to me throughout, I politely educated you on how to depress the single lever action of a regular everyday toilet. I explained to you that for a short flush you pressed and let go of the handle and for a full flush you depressed and held down the handle until all the water had left the water tank. This of course is a toilet that you would find in any modern house and was not defective in any way. You asked that I placed a notice above the toilet to let guests know how to flush the toilet and I politely declined.

You did not inform either myself or my wife of any problem with the baby crib and indeed, another member in your group used the mattress of the crib to sleep on in the upstairs bedroom which is rather strange that somebody would do so if it smelled of urine as you have suggested.

For the record, the poodle that peed against the table leg was not our dog Cheeko which everybody knows, is a Boxer Ridgeback cross. The guest from Seneca Cottage did bring this to our attention that a poodle had peed up the leg of the table and we apologized. It was explained that this was not our dog and we offered to wash the table cloth that was hanging down over the table and was spoiled however, the guest only wanted to borrow some detergent to wash the table cloth in their own property and accepted that we had no control on other owners dogs.

Incidentally, the property that you stayed in is a pet free property and a member of your group brought two pets with him. Even though we were within our rights to ask the gentleman to leave the property with his pets, we did not do so and we shouldered the cost of carrying out a double cleaning the property after everybody had left.

I would be more than happy to discuss with you any aspects of your stay with us and can only apologize that you were less than satisfied with your stay at Cobtree.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The home was beautiful, the location was great, you can't beat the value. Bring your own pillows though!

• Stayed April 2012
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Very well maintained and equipped lodging, even had free wi-fi. The owner is really helpful and laid back. Set in farmland with some woods packed with wildlife for exploration. Lots of grass and space for the kids to play.
Location is really great too. We'll be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2012

What a beautiful setting in the Finger Lakes! We attended the 3 day "Cruising the Tropics" Event and stayed in the Keuka Cottage at Cobtree. Their website is very informative, so no "surprises" when we arrived. Dog friendly and beautiful grounds. The cottage was very clean and comfortable. Owners were non-intrusive but nearby in case of any problems (we had none). Conveniently located. Do not hesitate to rent any of their accommodations, they are all great! We will be back.

Room Tip: Any choice would be fine.