Americas Best Value Inn
US$74
US$127
Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$63
Geneva on the Lake(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$88
US$84
Hampton Inn Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$121
Hotels.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$104
US$270
US$260
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I reserved a room online. The room was damp and musty with several large dead bugs on the floor. An added surprise was the large amount of hair I located when I pulled the sheets back. Left and got a refund. The hotel and room reminded me of where a "working girl" may bring a customer.

Room Tip: Drive right past this Bates Motel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ibustu415
abvigeneva, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel, we are working very hard to improve and update our property for all guests to enjoy. Since you have been here, we have corrected the ventilation problem which caused condensation in the rooms creating the "musty smell. We have painted all rooms, all bathrooms, regrouted all tiles and new sinks and toilets. We are presently ordering new bedding for this coming season and we are very proud of how everything is coming along. We are also going to repaint the entire exterior and have been working hard updating our lobby. We do hope you come back and see the change! We look forward to a new beginning and a success in our community!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I reserved two rooms online. They only had a reservation for one room when I showed up, so our rooms weren't adjacent. One of the rooms smelled strongly of stale smoke, despite prominent non-smoking signs on the door.

Beds were satisfactory. We had refrigerators. Old-school tube TVs. Everything was neat and tidy.

There is a continental breakfast, but it was maybe the worst of the continental breakfasts I've seen. However, for the price of the room, ignore the breakfast and walk across the parking lot to the Dunkin Donuts.

Room Tip: All rooms are outside. I'd suggest a 2nd floor room to cut down on foot noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property, we have been working very hard to make this a comfortable, clean and quality hotel for our guests. Since you have been here, we have decided to make all smoking rooms in the same section, to avoid any smoke entering a non-smoking room. We have also painted the entire room, we're picking out our new bedding and working on the exterior this Spring. This hotel is undergoing a complete renovation and we are proud of it. Please come back and see us again, we know you will be pleased with the new look!
Safe travels...

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We came to Geneva for a wedding. All the hotels in the area we needed to be in were booked except this one. I read the reviews but still booked because of its proximity to the wedding. Checkin was easy and the people at the desk whom I assume are the owners were very nice. The hallway was musty, low lit and smelled of smoke. The outside doors to the hallway are always open. No lock or key card used for security. The room was musty and damp. The walls need a good scrub and paint job. The bathroom is in great need of a very thorough scrub and paint job. Oddly, the sink looked brand new and worked fine. We didn't use the shower as it was worn and had moldy calking around the edges. There was a fridge and microwave in the room which we didn't use but I'm sure can come in handy. The bed was fairly comfortable and the sheets were very thin and smelled of bleach. Even the bed felt a little damp. There's a complementary continental breakfast from 7am to 10am. It had cereal, bagels, bread for toast, donuts, OJ, coffee, tea and a make your own waffle stand. We didn't eat anything (the room grossed us out that much that we had no appetite) but the coffee was good. The female owner was very friendly when we checked out. We can tell they are trying very hard but sadly it was....for lack of a better word...Gross.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Diana W
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This hotel looks like a typical hotel that a hooker uses for her night, room was "somewhat" clean, a big pinking stain on the wall, hoping it was some fruit juice or something, cracks in the ceiling, bathroom was disgusting, neither my spouse or I took a shower that morning by fear of being dirtier than before. Continental breakfast constituted of make your own waffles (decent) 4 bagels, 4 slices of bread, 4 cheap doughnuts, orange and apple juice, a container of grape jelly (with a knife in it for everyone, gross) a container a butter (same as the jelly, gross!) would never stay there even if it was free!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank pat s

We are sorry that you did not find your stay at our hotel satisfactory, we are trying very hard to brand ourselves as a newly renovated property and want nothing but the best for our guests. Since you have been here we painted all rooms, ceilings, doors and baths. We have regrouted baths and installed new shiny toilets and sinks! We have been getting a lot of great responses. While our complimentary breakfast is basic, it is fresh and seemingly enough for our guests who sometimes prefer to go to Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons next door. We do hope you come and stay with us to see the difference!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night because there was nothing else available in Geneva. I really wish we had kept driving. The ordeal started when we arrived at the hotel in the morning to check in. I had pre-paid an outrageous (150) amount for a room, so I was very upset to find out that they had "no record of my reservation," even though the charge was already on my credit card. We were told they, "would try to sort it out" but that they "were booked up for the night." We came back a couple hours later and were told that there were plenty of rooms available for us to pick from. Hmmmm... I thought they were booked up? Anyway, we get to our room and that's when the real fun began. It was quite outdated, which we expected, so no big deal there. Everything in the room was filthy and covered with stains. Our sheets seemed fresh, or else we would not have stayed. The room stunk like I don't even know what- a combination of cigarette, mold, stale deodorizers, ets. The air conditioner worked but was so dirty that it gave us both headaches to keep on. The mattress had a "Marriott" sticker, which means these were some other hotel's leftover mattresses. The bathroom had black grout, and obvious mold. The tub did not drain, and so it filled up by the end of a barely-warm shower. There were two locks on the door- one of which didn't look AT ALL, and the other which didn't lock securely. There was a large gap under the door that looked like someone/thing had clawed at to create. We felt far from safe, especially given the number of teens loitering and skateboarding in the parking lot outside of our room and the numerous weirdos seen walking aimlessly in the lot. If Geneva were an unsafe area overall, we never would have stayed the night. My favorite part of the night has to be the part where the SHERIFF knocked on our door, woke us up, and questioned us about a robbery reported to have taken place in our hotel room. He informed us that the hotel is usually not stayed at by tourists. Rather, it is frequented by "guests of the state," ex: halfway house, witnesses, prison transports, etc. These are the words of the sheriff!!!! Save your money, keep driving!! I would rather sleep in my car than stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay in your car. Or, keep driving.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple