“Parent of William Smith student...EZ Convenient Access to campus”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 24 January 2009

Hello,
This evening Amie provided me with exceptional customer service. I am a repeat customer from Massachusetts. I have secured reservations for May 16, 2009. The purpose of my trip and lodging needs is to attend my daughter's graduation from William Smith College. I recommend your Inn to other parents of graduates for it's service and convenience to campus. Thank You

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed 28 October 2008

For $80.00 a night you can't expect a 5 star rating. We booked 2 rooms both were clean and had new rugs. Bathroom was old but clean. Had a great weekend touring the area and didn't spend much time in the room.
Remember most people will always write a negative review but very few take the time to write positive ones.
I have no problem recommending this motel for an inexpensive getaway.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Citysue
Reviewed 14 October 2008

I made the mistake of not checking Trip advisor before staying in this dump. I have never in my life seen a motel room in such bad shape. I too had the problem of being charged more than the quoted price of the room but when I asked about the increase I was told that the maintance man took my reservation and he did not know how to do math!! I booked this room because we were traveling with a dog and they accepted dogs. If it had not been a holiday weekend we would have left but everything was booked and no one else in the area took dogs so we were stuck.. I wrote to the corporated offices and never heard a word from them. The room and bathroom were in very bad shape. I was afraid to take a shower because the liner was covered in mold. There were cobwebs everywhere and the carpet looked at least 40 years old. I never took my shoes off and I slept in my clothes. Other reviews are very accurate. Stay far, far away!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sheisher
Reviewed 10 October 2008

we called the inn in sept 2008 to book rooms for oct 2008. we were given the amount of 109.00 for a 2 night stay. latter that same day the couple we went with called and were given the same rate.when we checked in on oct 4th we payed 109.00 plus tax for a rate of 121.24.as we were takeing our bags from the car the owners came running out and said they had made a mistake and only charged us for one night.we went in side and told them that was rate given to us on the phone. they stated it was a very busy week end in town and we would not find a room any where so rate was 121.24 a night.I had tryed to find a room else where so knew they where right about no rooms .so we stayed even though we knew we were being taken.when we got to our room we found, torn carpet,pillows stained so bad you could see it threw pillow case,fridge in room had so much ice in side it was colder in the car.the heater in bath room was all rusted,shower had cracked walls,mold,and caulk missing between tiles.the couple we went with ask for a no smoking room and were given a room that smelled so bad they slept with windows open all night.the bed in there all so smelled.there bath was like ours. the next day they asked for a nother room.owners gave them one but did not seem happy about it.they found it hard to belive room stunk.I E-MAILED headquarters for this inn when we returned home with this same review.they E-mailed owners and he said they would give me a free night.I would never stay here again.this place is the pits.if you can not find a room some where else change your plans to another day.I will be sure to use trip review from now on

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank hoboNy
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We stopped by this place and I was told they had a 3 room apartment. I booked it and when we walked into it the place was the pits. The beds were unmaid, garbage was around, etc. I went back to the front desk and the young lady appologized and said that she had just been told that the rooms were not done yet (remodeling, supposedly)

I then asked for two rooms and a key so we could check the room out. So we walked down and checked the room out. It was old but would suffice for the night. While I went back to get the second key for the other room the rest of the family moved stuff into the first room.

My wife and I opened the second room and walked into another pig pen. There was garbage in the room, beds had not been changed so the room had never been serviced after the previous people checked out. The maintenance man was walking by and I asked him to look at the room.

We collected the items from the first room and packed the van. As I was walking away my wife asked what if they give us a hassle and I said loud enough that the maintenance man could hear that I would call Discover card and let the motel deal with them if they gave me any hassle.

When I walked into the lobby the young girl appologized profusely and already had the credit slip for my credit card.
There was an foreign looking lady behind the desk who was trying to get her to give us another room but the young lady said to her that there was no excuse for what we had been put through and that she was crediting our credit card (Kudos to her, hope she didn't loose her job for that comment to the boss)

So we left Geneva at 9pm and drove 3hours home to our own beds!

Sleep in your vehicle if there are no other options for you or drive to another town. Don't stay here!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank NY_Travlin
Reviewed 24 July 2008

"I should've checked TripAdvisor first!"

I often read this statement in reviews here and shake my head, confident that this wouldn't happen to me (because I almost always check TripAdvisor first). Well, it happened - I was booking last-minute after a late invite to a wedding, and nothing else in the area was available under $500. I grimaced at the website and photos, hoping and praying that it wouldn't be that bad.

It was much, much worse. I'll admit that I now have somewhat of a vendetta against them, but that's only due to the horrible customer service I experienced while there and since my trip. I stay in hotels a good deal (~125 nights/yr) and am perhaps accustomed to a level of service; however, even against other places at their star/price level, this place has got to be the pits. Instead of a "the customer is always right" attitude, they seem to have a "try to ignore, insult, condescend to, and generally piss off the customer whenever possible" attitude.

To top this all off, after refusing to even talk about my request for a partial refund while I was there and ignoring my e-mailed request, they screwed up and replied to my e-mail, instead of forwarding it, with lies to their regional manager about discussions we supposedly had. They were even inept about trying to screw me out of my money. Amazing.

Others on here have adequately touched on how nasty, old, gross, and generally terrible this place is, physically, so I won't add to the chorus. Just know that I would never, ever, ever let my worst enemy, let alone my friends, coworkers, or loved ones, stay at this place. Ever.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank brendotroy
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I have had to stay at this hotel in the past and knew not to expect much but since the new ownership has taken over it has gotten worse.

We booked over the phone and were given a rate of $109.99 per night which is highway robbery for the quality you are getting but we booked as the other hotels in the area were booked. We checked online and the rates were as low as $88.34 per night (Priceline). We called back to say we were going to cancel our reservation and book online and they said they would give us a rate of $93 per night. We accepted this and booked 2 rooms for Friday and Saturday night and an additional room for Sat. night.

When we got there on Friday night to check in it was a 30 minute arguement to get them to give us the right rate. They finally agreed to a rate of $99 which was not correct but where were we going to go at that point.

They had also screwed up our reservation and 1 of the rooms that we had booked for 2 nights could not stay in the same room and had to check out in the morning and move rooms. The room booked for 2 nights and the second room for the Friday night were paid for at that time.

We then went to the rooms and although it had been 99 degrees with the humidity the air conditioners had not been turned on in the rooms. Needless to say it was like a sauna in the rooms. At around 5 am I woke up because the airconditioning in my room had stopped working. We did get it going again but it was too late to get any more sleep. The airconditioners are from the 1970's and the dust on them is just about as old.

We vacated the one room Sat. morning and moved our bags to the other room. When we went back later that evening to register for the other 2 rooms it was another arguement. The power was off due to an electrical storm and when we went to the desk the owners were rude, confrontational and actually were yelling at us. They kept saying that we had not paid for the rooms (which was insane since they won't even give you a key if you have not paid in full). They also were trying to charge us full rate again. Finally after another 30 minute arguement we got the keys for the other 2 rooms and when we got into the rooms it was fairly obvious that the air conditioning had not been turned on in the 2 rooms we just rented. To top things off THEY ACTUALLY TURNED OFF THE AIR CONDITIONER IN THE ROOM OCCUPIED!!!!! WIth the power off we had no options but to sit outside with our friends. At 10 pm we were then told that this was not acceptable - I guess we were supposed to sit in our stifling hot rooms in the dark and wait for the power to come on.

The cleanliness of the rooms was marginal -the furniture, beds, linens were terrible and the bathrooms were disgusting. The shower was an adventure - you were never sure if you were going to get hot water, cold water or any water. The one stair case has sagged and is a hazard to walk up and down. I could go on and on.

Don't ever stay here - I will pitch a tent before I stay in this place again. The lowest rating offered to give this property is 1 - if I could give it less I would.

I can accept a lower class of hotel but I will not tolerate the way the owners of this place treat it's customers.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jj988
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes
Hampton Inn Geneva
Hampton Inn Geneva
#3 of 11 in Geneva
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Seneca Falls

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!