“Yum!”

Price range: US$15 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: An informal setting overlooking Seneca Lake, featuring savory and unique dishes made from fresh, ​locally sourced ingredients.​ ​Finger Lakes wines and craft beers are available by the glass. Reservations Recommended. Maximum group is 8.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Yum!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I have never tasted swordfish that was more perfectly prepared! I would recommend reservations as it gets a bit crowded - justifiably! The dessert was 100% worth the calories. A must for a trip to the finger lakes!

1 Thank Tj H

Fairport, New York
“Why did I wait so long?”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Wife and I came back to Ports on Wednesday, July 23rd to celebrate my birthday.
Once again the meal was fantastic! We ate off the specials menu once more.
That is where the chefs get to create tasty items from locally grown food.
We will get back there sooner next time.

1 Thank Ed K
Buffalo, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grown up time!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Excellent food and service. Our second trip and we were not disappointed. Great care, attention and skill are taken to prepare your meal. I had roast duck that was smoked on the premises. The lamb was served in a port reduction. They make their own bacon. Need to know more? Okay. The seafood is insanely fresh and prepared properly. My table consumed quite a bit of the seafood chowder and loved it. All of the usual cliches apply. Hearty. Zesty. It was a real fish and shellfish fiesta and had that light aroma di marina that all good fish soups and chowders have.
Very pleased with the service. They block your table out for two hours. Your dinner may take that long and if so you will be glad it did. Service is relaxed yet professional. The staff know the menu and know their jobs. I watched them as they polished every glass before they brought it to table. So easy but so rarely done anymore. You won't find lipstick or dried soap on your wine glass at Ports! This is the attitude they bring to all of their work. What a pleasure to find a wait staff that like their work and let it show. Getting tired of the wannabe actor, musician, rodeo clown who can't seem to be in the here and now long enough to give good service. Tom our server was great. He was extremely knowledgable about the menu and wasn't just reading a list. The food and wine were served correctly and in a relaxed but timely fashion. We also enjoyed our time with Erica and found her pleasant and professional.
Downside:
A little noisy. Not cheap. But hey, I've eaten a lot worse for a lot more.
Worthy.

1 Thank Richard S
Houston, Texas
“Unassuming exterior, wonderful food!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I laugh when I read about a restaurant being noisy ... there's no such thing as a quiet restaurant in Houston, so I didn't even notice! We got here earlier than our reservation, trying to beat the rain, and they had no problem making room for us. Hubby had a steak, I had a luscious striped bass with a lobster sauce. My secret for you: if you like red wine, go HERE first and write down the reds from their menu! Good reds are hard to find in the Finger Lakes, so hit the wineries that Ports Cafe has selected for their menu and you'll be a winner.

1 Thank writergirlHouston
Baldwinsville, New York, United States
“Incredible meal”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you are looking for unique food, then this is the place. The mussels were so good, they could be served as a dessert. Great selection of local wines. We ordered off the specials menu and our meals were incredible. I had a stuffed pork tenderloin that was cooked to perfection and I can't say enough about the seasoning. My husband got Lime flank steak, again cooked amazing. The mashed potatoes are the best I have ever had and should be served with every meal. I can't comment on dessert because we had no room. The waitress was friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Her recommendations were spot on. You could tell everyone was friendly and enjoyed being there. We were there on Tuesday and not busy but if coming close to weekend, you will want reservation. Place small and cozy. Don't pass this little gem by! I can't wait to return.