“Great Customer Service Raises this to "Average"”
Review of Hampton Inn Geneva

Hampton Inn Geneva
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Customer Service Raises this to "Average"”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We wanted to be in a hotel with a view of Lake Genva, and we did get that if you don't count the street, railroad tracks, wires and parking lot in-between. Off reason, we paid just over $171 for a mid-week rate. We got a strictly average King room with sloppy decor (no one took much time decorating is what I mean), the usual Hampton Inn breakfast which has gotten increasingly poor over the years, VERY SLOW wi-fi, no channel guide for the TV and NOISE. Noise from the freight trains outside our room (and everyone else's) and poor noise insulation or TV placement as we heard our neighbor's TV which disturbed our sleep. On the upside, the staff is very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed the indoor whirlpool even though the water wasn't very hot. The greatest asset of this place is the people who work there. For the same money, stay at Belhurst Castle or check out the Ramada across the street and get a lakefront room away from the trains.

Room Tip: There are no rooms which allow you to get away from the train noise. Bring earplugs…..the trains do...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My only "problem" was that the website said that all rooms contained a mini fridge and since we were planning day trips from the hotel, I brought some snacks that required refrigeration. I was ,therefore, quite disappointed when there was no refrigerator in the room. Thankfully the weather was a bit cool and I had a good cooler. I kept it in the car overnight. Had we been there in warmer weather we would have lost the food.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

glens falls,ny
Reviewed 30 October 2013

the inn was a bit noisy (train nearby) and thin walls for a Hampton.
furnishings a bit dated as well; quite expensive, even for a Hampton but it is a college town.
would not stay again. the innkeeper made good referrals for dinner
if you stay, pay attention to the railroad location in reference to the hotel

Room Tip: higher floors may be better
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Geneva, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were not comfortable during your stay. We will use your comments as we constantly evolve our property and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area.
rochester, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Wonderful Hotel great location great view of the lake!!Close to the Outlet Mall woot!! woot!! great shop to be had everywhere.Staff was very professional and friendly. Thank You for the great experience!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your experience of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appereciate your input and I have shared it with my entire team. Be sure to come back and visit when you are in the Finger Lakes.
Nazareth Pa., United States
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I booked the room last minute but paid more for three stars or more because it was my 26th wedding anniversary. I also wanted to be on the lake and was willing to pay more. I found the hotel not on the lake and wedged between the road along the lake and the railroad tracks. Then we checked in and the man at the desk was dismissive to any of my questions and requests. I asked if their was definitely a lake view and if their wasn't I was willing to pay more. He said we were on the second floor and lake view, We went up no lake view only a dumpster. Then the refrigerator was very loud. The walls between rooms paper thin and we were keep up half the night by the other room. Then took a shower and the shower floor was soft from the drain to the shower head wall. The shower fiberglass floor had a slit in it and the water must be underneath the floor. When I was done the shower I stepped out onto the shower mat and found a puddle of water, The shower doors must not be caulked or functioning right. The shades in the room when I went to draw them had actual dirt and stains. Then the trains ran, and ran and ran thru the night. I have stayed in many places and I've never felt the need to give a review on the hotel. I just had four expectations with the reservation. Cleanliness, condition of the room, hospitality and view.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Geneva, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that you were unhappy with the comfort and appointment of your guestroom and we sincerely apologize for this. Although we strive to accommodate our guest with exact reservations, at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the disappointment and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Jessica Bacher, General Manager
South Burlington, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Excellent location...easy access and close to restaurants and other amenities. We represented three generations and traveled with an elderly, handicapped parent. The handicapped accessible suite we stayed in was beautiful... Spacious, clean, nicely decorated, and close to the exit. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was very good with a lot of variety, including warm entrees. Highly recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here semi-last minute after a party at a friend's house instead of driving back to Syracuse. We booked the night before as every other hotel we checked was completely booked, I'm guessing because of "leaf chasers," weddings and perhaps Hobart sports.

Our room was ready so they let us check in between 12-1. There were two girls at reception, one who was very helpful to another customer, calling other hotels to see if they had availability. The lady who checked us in was a little out of it, ignoring literally every question we asked. Additionally, our room keys didn't work when we came back to the hotel at 3am.

The room was fine. Clean and the air worked well. I could hear people in the hallway in the morning but not in the adjacent rooms.

We didn't eat breakfast, but it looked nice.

Overall, our stay here was satisfactory. I would be less apt to spend $210 again were it not a last minute decision.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva

Been to Hampton Inn Geneva? Share your experiences!