“Very Good as Normal”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Cincinnati, United States
“Very Good as Normal”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Everything was very nice. The Breakfast options are there but, don't expect anything fancy. The rooms are clean and large (for one/two people) but, again, nothing fancy. Location of the Hotel is better than others in the area. You are closer to more restaurants and shops. I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
United States
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Stayed for one night to enjoy the wineries along the lake. We were very impressed.. the room was clean, pool area was great, hot tub divine... Breakfast surprisingly good.. eggs, bacon, potatoes.. Bed could have used a couple more pillows though, but overall a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Albany, NY, United States
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed here for business. Hotel was clean and free breakfast was good. However, there was a train track near the hotel and it would be a bit noisy at night but it did not bug my sleep. The pool was closed when I checked in. The computer in the business center was running very slow and may have some kind of malware since there were excessive pop ups.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at the Hampton inn for 2 nights as we were visiting the area. The second night, a couple next door started arguing which continued until 4:30 am. We did not sleep. I just mentioned it to the front desk the next morning. They called me while I was driving home saying the manager apologized and did not charge me for the second night. That was very nice. You can't determine that the people next to your room would be so inconsiderate. I do like staying at Hampton Inns.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Oneonta, New York
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed at other Hampton inn hotels they are usually high quality. I found this particular hotel to be sub-par for the brand. Upon entering my room I noticed that the refrigerator had scratches all over the side. It seemed very unsightly like someone had pushed it along a floor on its side on a floor. The bed did not look like a bed I would want to get in. I took a picture of it and posted the picture. It was very lumpy? The bed spread is in dire need of replacement. The unit was clean. The toilet in the bathroom seemed very low to the floor. The TV in the room was at a funny angle to the bed. Most TV’s in hotels face the bed.
I have stayed in other Hampton in hotels and they were of better quality of this particular hotel. We stayed here due to the location. This hotel is very close to a big shopping area. It seems that this particular Hampton Inn is a bit out dated and needs to be brought up to date. I would not stay here a second time, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Geneva, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We take your comments into consideration and have started our renovations of our 8 year old hotel. Our first project was our fitness center and was then followed by our lobby. Next on our agenda is our guestrooms. We would love for you to come and visit as we continue to improve our hotel for our guests.

Jessica Bacher
Saint Marys, Georgia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Think twice about this place. I will never return to this property again. I love Hampton Inn and what they offer but this property was a disappointment to the chain. I have come to expect a certain standard with Hampton Inn and didn’t receive it at this property.

The walls are so thin it was dreadful! You are able to hear the people in the room around you. When people make noise in the hallway just echoes throughout the building.

I tend to walk up early and love to go for a swim first thing in the morning but alas not here. You are offered the amenity of a pool and hot tub but you may not enter until 10 am! I was very upset. You wake up early and would like to enjoy the facilities before you start the day but you may not enter. I went to the front desk to ask about this and they said no entry until after the pool and hot tub are checked. I understand this but if you offer the amenity it should be available at a reasonable time. Other properties I’ve stayed at open their pools at 8 am and feel that is a better option.

Taking a shower was interesting as well because the safety grab bar was in a terrible location. In order to stand under the shower head you were right next to the grab bar. Very inconvenient! I attempted to move the shower head to deal this but it was not possible to move it.

Premium price for a less than premium experience.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our guestroom appointment and amenities and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Jessica Bacher
West Chester, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

You can walk to many restaurants. Gallagers is a friendly Irish pub. The train is the only down side, but it doesn't go by during the night. Nice to see trains still exist. Sae too as tghe police station is directy behind the hotel

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva

Been to Hampton Inn Geneva? Share your experiences!