“Just what we wanted”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
amherst, ny
“Just what we wanted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Booked as a HH diamond guest. The staff was friendly and efficient. Found a clean well run Hampton Inn in a convenient location perfect for w few days on winery exploration. A quick getaway became memorable short vacation. I will next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hampton G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Geneva, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiece of your stay on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share your comments to our entire team. We look forward to your future visits to Genea and the wine trails.

Jessica Bacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
St. Catharines, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here last Sunday night for one night and found the hotel in need of updating. I didn't want to walk in my bare feet on the carpet in the room because they felt so dirty. The beds were lumpy and in obvious need of replacement. Front desk staff were pleasant enough. I went to breakfast about 15 min prior to closing and they were all out of forks - this was a Monday morning and after searching for some more, the manager simply stated that 'they must not have come in on the shipment Friday."

We generally stay at Hampton Inns due to pricing, comfort and cleanliness. Some are better than others - some are worse. Thumbs down for this location!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing a review about your stay with us on TripAdvisor. I understand that the cleanliness and appointment of you room was of concern, and we are working with our housekeeping and facilities teams to correct the issue. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area, you will stay with us again so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Jessica Bacher
Lititz, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

So, when have you had the front desk clerk hand you a key to make sure you could use the side door during a downpour? My wife was checking in and I brought in our stuff -- the clerk made sure I had a key to shorten the walk through the rain.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Fort Wayne, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This Hampton Inn resides in a little piece of NY paradise off the beaten interstate pathway - finger lakes wine country. You owe it to yourself to book a stay and experience a step back into a simpler time. The hotel and its staff are terrific and the community is precious with quaint restaurants and shopping and lots of beautiful architecture.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

wilmington, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 days over a weekend. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was very good for a free breakfast. It wasn't one of those super cheapy ones w/ stale bread and juice. My 8 yr. old loved the indoor pool which was a good size. Great location within walking distance to nice restaurants and a nice walking path on the water front. Geneva waterfront was nice with playground, ice cream shop and small walking pier. Seneca state park right down the street. The location of the hotel was very nice. I would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David E
Grand Blanc, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Easy to find right off route 14. Room was ready and the staff was very friendly. Even though we were between busy roads we couldn't hear any traffic at all. Close enough to restaurants that it was an easy walk. Also close to the lake.Breakfast was spectacular but more than sufficient.

Room Tip: We were on third floor so when it rained you could hear that on the roof.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
South Amboy, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love Hampton Inns in general. My husband and I decided to spend our 5th wedding anniversary hiking the state parks in the Finger Lakes. We arrived at check-in and were given a pamphlet listing all local eateries, they marked which ones were in walking distance, etc. It was helpful. The staff here is extremely friendly and they all do an excellent job (from front desk to cleaning people). Indoor pool and jacuzzi that were clean clean clean. Even the hallways, vending areas, and elevators were nice and clean. The beds here are awesome, so comfy, great pillows. On the headboard was a post-it note informing us that all bedding (including the comforter cover) was freshly washed for our stay. I appreciate that very much and knowing that it was clean made me feel all the more comfortable. The entire room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. Name brand toiletries, again appreciated. FREE breakfast! I have had various continental free breakfasts and the Hampton Inn puts out a good spread. Especially love the make your own Belgian waffle station. The woman who worked the breakfast area was awesome, she made sure to keep all items stocked, from fruit to waffle batter. And the entire area and seating area was clean. Available all day in the lobby is complementary coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and cookies (yay!). The vending machines here were cheap in price compared top other places I have been. The were two weddings at nearby vineyards when we were here and the guests were staying at the Hampton Inn. I worried that it would be noisy at night but no noise at all, wonderful. The only thing I wish they would change (this is all Hampton Inns) is the time the pool closes, they all seem to close it at 10pm and I wish they'd keep it open at least till midnight. I enjoy swimming before bed. All in all we had a wonderful stay and we'd def stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Belhurst Castle
Belhurst Castle
#8 of 11 in Geneva

Been to Hampton Inn Geneva? Share your experiences!