“Gourmet delight”

Lancellotti Dining Room at Geneva on the Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
Lancellotti Dining Room at Geneva on the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 89 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$9 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Geneva On The Lake, an elegant European style getaway in the midst of Finger Lakes Wine Country offers 29 beautiful suites each furnished with Stickley. It's a special-occasion place perfect for celebrating a birthday or anniversary or for gathering family or friends. Enjoy candlelight dining with live music in the historic and beautiful Lancellotti Dining Room at Geneva On The Lake which features hand-stenciled, coffered ceilings, marble columns, 17th century side chairs and Chinese vases that glow in the warmth of candlelight. The chefs bring a superb sense of flavor to the outstanding cuisine using local farm fresh ingredients. The knowledgeable serving staff offer friendly service and gracious hospitality. In Summer, enjoy a breathtaking view of our gardens and Seneca Lake while savoring breakfast and lunch al fresco on The Terrace. Cocktails and light fare are offered every afternoon on The Terrace in season. We invite you to sip an outstanding Finger Lakes wine while taking-in the fabulous view. Tuesdays, in Summer, we feature great, local Jazz and Bluegrass groups on The Terrace. Celebrate the most memorable moments of your life at Geneva On The Lake.
New Hampshire
“Gourmet delight”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Presentation and local ingredients made this meal delightful. We were seated in the garden room with a wonderful view of the lake. The wine selections were local ones and a decent selection of US and international wines. Our baked Alaska tableside completed the meal - albeit an old-fashioned ending but fitting to the atmosphere.

Visited December 2013

Amherst
“Hope for the Harp and Have the Soup”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Small intimate dining in candle light for dinner and subdued light for breakfast. During the dinner, a harpist played who was enchanting. The dinner itself was average. Attempts at elaborate cooking fell a tad short and straight forward dishes would have been better (don't "wrap " the fish and cook it well so it stands on its own, bacon does not go with everything - particularly if you are serving a vegetarian, tiramisu should be light and cake like not heavy in a parfait glass, etc.) The fennel, apple, beet soup was very good. But over all the atmosphere was over done - I didn't see the bacon on the brussel sprouts due to the low light level and ended up spitting it out. They had a minor nod to non-dairy with almond milk but the sweetened version which is ridiculous - one can always add sugar but it is hard to remove. I had to close the second door to the patio to keep warm. And the 1960's barrel light shades with tweedy covers just didn't belong there. Too expensive for mediocre food. They finally caught on by second day breakfast and informed us that the oatmeal was made with heavy cream so I had granola (with sweet almond milk). Overall just disappointing. The waitresses, however, were very personable.

Visited October 2013
Wimauma, Florida
“Pricey buy so worth it!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great atmosphere (lots of candles, marble columns, beautiful tapestry and other fine decor), great gourmet food, and lovely live piano music.

Visited October 2013
Pittsburgh
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I feel like I am at a different place from the people with negative reviews. Our meal was absolutely perfect. And anyone who knows me will attest that I'm very "fussy." Hubby started with soup, which he Found to be excellent. I had shrimp cocktail. 3 large, tender shrimp with lemon and cocktail sauce. Next course, he had the spinach salad, which came with 2 deviled egg halves. Nice touch. I had the lobster fresh roll. Honestly, it was as good as any I have had in Asian restaurants in the U.S. the garnish was a little band, but it didn't matter because the roll itself was perfectly seasoned. Next course, hubby had duck, which he loved. I had filet mignon. Perfectly cooked medium rare. Sides were delicious mashed potatoes and a veggie medley. Way too full for desert, we ordered it "to go." Nice Wine list. Not exorbitantly overpriced as some fine dining establishments tend to be. Our server could not have been more attentive. Beautiful room with piano player. What's not to like?

Visited September 2013
Geneva, New York
“For service and food, it is a poor place for the $$$$”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at this restaurant. We were there before and had a good impression, although both of us agreed that the prices and food quality didn't match. When I made reservation, the reception advised me that the earliest they can seat us is at 8 pm. When we arrived we found the main dining room empty. There was a party with a loud but good bluegrass band in the garden and everyone went there to feed the mosquitoes. A handful of waitresses were scurrying around but no one paid attention to us. After flagging one down and telling her that we had reservation for dinner she said that it will take a little while she cleans up a table for us in the garden. ( Hmm. What are reservation for?). We requested a table inside where we can talk and not being distracted by continuously slapping at mosquitoes. We were finally seated in an adjoining small dining room that had five tables, in the far corner next to a door with no signs. The center table was occupied by a couple that was about to finish their meal. The door with no signs turned out to be the bathroom door. The room was lit by a dim lamp in one corner, otherwise no light around but that from the setting sun. To see the menue and the wine list I had to ask the waitress to light us a candle so we can make our selection. My wife ordered a salad and the quail, I had a shrimp cocktail and the lamb chops (medium rear). We also had an Oregon Pinot noire to round out the meal. The quail was tasteless and the lamb was raw, barely warmed and similarly tasteless. The chef must have been in the hurry to close up the kitchen. The Oregon Pinot was good. The bill came to $ 217. For the seating, the service and the quality of the food this was outrageous.

• Visited August 2013