“Lovely setting - excellent food”

Lancellotti Dining Room at Geneva on the Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
Lancellotti Dining Room at Geneva on the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 91 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: US$9 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Geneva On The Lake, an elegant European style getaway in the midst of Finger Lakes Wine Country offers 29 beautiful suites each furnished with Stickley. It's a special-occasion place perfect for celebrating a birthday or anniversary or for gathering family or friends. Enjoy candlelight dining with live music in the historic and beautiful Lancellotti Dining Room at Geneva On The Lake which features hand-stenciled, coffered ceilings, marble columns, 17th century side chairs and Chinese vases that glow in the warmth of candlelight. The chefs bring a superb sense of flavor to the outstanding cuisine using local farm fresh ingredients. The knowledgeable serving staff offer friendly service and gracious hospitality. In Summer, enjoy a breathtaking view of our gardens and Seneca Lake while savoring breakfast and lunch al fresco on The Terrace. Cocktails and light fare are offered every afternoon on The Terrace in season. We invite you to sip an outstanding Finger Lakes wine while taking-in the fabulous view. Tuesdays, in Summer, we feature great, local Jazz and Bluegrass groups on The Terrace. Celebrate the most memorable moments of your life at Geneva On The Lake.
Plainview, New York
“Lovely setting - excellent food”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had a candlelight dinner and a breakfast here while staying at the hotel. The food at both meals was delicious and served perfectly. Due to wet weather, our dinner was served inside. The hotel's expectation is that you will dress up for dinner. This means a jacket and/or collar shirt for the men and appropriate attire for women (no tank top & shorts!) It is a quiet, small dining room (a little dark in the daylight) but if you have any difficulty hearing conversation when background noise is present we would recommend a table away from the piano player. He played very well but our table was just too close. The four-course candlelight dinner (without drinks) cost $69 so it is a bit pricey but at least it was excellent. Breakfast (outstanding bacon) on the other hand, was on the patio - a gorgeous view - also pricey at $18 per person but worth the splurge if served outside because of the atmosphere.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank CJMNY

Prince George, Canada
“Good food, a little pretentious”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The food was fine, but a bit overdone. Good service and very romantic setting. Couples would like it here. Portions were quite large. Great desserts.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank 756Annie756
Oswego, New York
“Good Food, not Wow, but decent”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I BIG foodies (surprised we aren't as large as the adventures SHOULD make us, lol!). So we have ... expectations.

The food in the dining package is good. And PLENTIFUL! More than plentiful, we were STUFFED (you might want to book the earliest dining hour, rather than later, if you want to retire before midnight, lol!).

My husband enjoyed the unique dinner role (I think it was rosemary), although there was no butter served with it, and when he asked for butter they brought margarine. This may be due to the varied religions that frequent the hotel, but they could have asked. We think margarine tastes like lard (see...above...foodies).

The salad was also so, so. Nothing amazing. Full-sized portion, not skimpy. But the salad dressings tasted bland or bottled. Unsure which. At least the greens were varied!

The main entrees were VERY good. Mine was a chicken with Tex-Mex corn and bean toppings, and that was very good. Chicken should have been cooked a little bit more, as I couldn't eat the parts near the 'in bone,' (and with the subdued candle lighting, it was hard to see if it WAS a bit rare!), so that was a definite no no. What I DID eat tasted very good, though.

But the finale, the dessert probably made the meal! I had the chocolate decadence...I think my husband had the same because I got to eat "ALL" of mine (lol).

The meal was approximately $70.00 per person, really steep for even hotel fair, but it WAS 4 courses! However, too much was extra. We had two glasses of wine, and we paid quite a bit for that. I THINK my coffee at the end of the meal was with the package, but not sure. We ended up with almost $40.00 more than the $70.00 per...so not an inexpensive meal. Paid LESS at Sardi's in NY! Imagine that. But that wasn't a four course meal...

The only major complaint was that my coffee cup has residual food from another patron in it (a larger staff with someone to oversee this minor complaint?). And there is that margarine thing.

I had some dietary restrictions and the restaurant was eager to address them. I suffered no ill-effects from anything I ordered, so they handled it very well (worth money in inconvenience, we'd say!).

I think if you stay at the Geneva on the Lake hotel, you will want to eat at least one meal in their hotel. The dining experience was very pleasant in most ways. What the food didn't provide, the staff, setting and in our case, an adjoining table we spoke with did! :0)

Visited August 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Dining Experience”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We dined at Lancellotti a few days ago and thought it was the best meal we've had in a few months. The food was excellent, service good and atmosphere very pleasant. It is not inexpensive but on par with what we usually spend on a fine dining experience. We both had duck and since we regularly eat game in French Canadian restaurants wondered if it would measure up - it did. Great selection of local wines.

If I had to offer any critique - not so keen on the vegetable crudité, perhaps chefs could prepare an amuse bouche. This would seem more in line with the rest of the menu and restaurant.

Regardless, an excellent dining experience and we will be back.

• Visited August 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Great view!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I stopped here for lunch after visiting a few wineries. We had lunch out on the patio and when we walked out we both were in awe of the gorgeous lawns and view. The place is perfectly manicured and absolutely stunning. The lunch was good and service was excellent. After lunch we walked around the grounds and decided if we come back to the Finger Lakes we will definitely be staying here!

• Visited July 2014