The Chapman House Bed & Breakfast
Days Inn Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$57
US$83
US$77
Hampton Inn Geneva(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$118
US$103
US$98
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
Geneva on the Lake(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$107
US$104
Great 4.5/5
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes(Geneva)(Great Value!)
US$113
Good 3.5/5
US$75
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsdelightful hostslong weekendrestaurants and barsb bplace to stayfinger lakeswine tastingsteveporch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We were so fortunate to get a room at the Chapman House at the last minute on a visit to Hobart on a busy weekend. Steve was very welcoming and I truly felt that I was in a private home with wonderful hosts. My son and I decided to stay at B&B's whenever possible when we were looking at colleges. We stayed at delightful B&Bs all up and down the east coast and my son proclaimed Chapman House one of his favorites. I have no doubt Steve would do whatever is necessary to make sure you are as comfortable as possible during your visit to Geneva.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bviwmn
Reviewed 14 December 2012

My boyfriend and I were in Geneva for a conference. We found the Chapman House a wonderful stay for our 2 nights there. The hosts were the best you ask for: accommodating, but never overly involved in our stay. They made us a great breakfast every morning and were always punctual with any requests we had. Some people have written reviews stating that there are busy roads next to the B&B- yes that is true, but I did not find it distracting or upsetting in the least bit (and we're from a rural area, so any traffic bothers us!). This was truly a wonderful place to stay.. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NataliePhotoTravels
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The location is excellent, the hosts were wonderful, the food was delicious, and the price was reasonable. The Chapman house was a perfect end to a wine tour Saturday. We walked to a nice Irish Pub for dinner, and woke up to a gorgeous morning in Geneva. Homemade french toast, fruit, and coffee was just what we needed to finish up our trip.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed one night here on our way from Niagara Falls to Saratoga Springs.

At first when arriving we were dismayed by the location of the hotel - right next door to busy main roads, and at the parking where we were left parking on the road outside the hotel.

We couldn't fault the communications prior to our stay and our hosts came across as friendly and trustworthy. We'd stayed in three B&Bs prior to this on our trip and had never failed to be met at the houses by the hosts. But instructions on the door were fine and thought we'd get to meet our hosts later. Really surprised though to be met by another instruction on the door of our room for our order for breakfast as well, we began to feel as though we would never meet our hosts!

Great location though and we did the historic houses walk and then walked into town in the evening for dinner.

Our room was nicely decorated although a very tight squeeze on one side of the bed getting in and out. The outside of the house felt as though there was still work to do with an unfinished drive and scruffy back garden.

We had been asked on our breakfast instructions to indicate where we would like to eat and we decided the porch. Morning came and at last we met Steve! My husband enjoyed breakfast though I must admit I didn't, eggs benedict which seemed to be the only option is not something I like - the ham was far too thick and chewy, I should have asked for something else but am not keen on making special requests - perhaps a choice could have been given? I overheard Steve saying he needed to leave by 10.30am so although check-out time wasn't until 11am I felt that I had to help by paying early so he could get away.

We thought the house was lovely, the location excellent (if a bit noisy by the side of two main roads) but our hosts invisible!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Julie and Steve were so relaxed and friendly. They were the perfect innkeepers at a very historic and comfortable home. Breakfast both mornings was delicious. The room was clean and comfortable, and my husband and I would definitely come back to stay here the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends