“A GREAT VALUE FOR THE FINGER LAKES AREA”
Review of Clark's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Geneva
Clark's Motel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Darien, Illinois
“A GREAT VALUE FOR THE FINGER LAKES AREA”
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Spent three nights at Clark's Motel. It is very clean and the rooms are large. We had a room with a king bed and still had plenty of room to move around, plus a couple of comfortable chairs for watching TV or reading. The bath was very clean but a little skimpy on towels and only a bar of soap. Bring your own shampoo and such. The owners were helpful with suggestions for dinner and directions. The motel is located on a busy main street wihich is good and bad. It was noisy at times. All in all it is a great value for the money.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelbug35876

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I agree with many of the reviewers that this place is clean and fairly cheap, BUT come on... it is a total time warp! From shag carpets to a wood encumbered TV, this place took me back to my childhood and though I'm not a picky person, I think it could use some updating. And because I found this place on Trip Advisor and there is no website or pix to look at I would like to add a description so the next person who reads this won't be as surprised as we were.

(I found the phone number to this place after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We called and reserved our room over the phone.)

Clark's Motel is off of a big street near other motels, gas stations, and fast food chains. It is a ten room drive-up motel. We stayed in room number 9--which was very spacious. It had a king bed, two pillows, and a nook with couch and "wood encumbered" TV. The office is run by a very nice, elderly couple who apparently care for the world's largest jade plant. They wouldn't or didn't give us a confirmation number, so we just trusted that our space was reserved. We mentioned we would be getting in late and they suggested we call on our way in case the office was closed. It closes after 11:00 pm. So, we called on our way and the gentleman was indeed waiting even at 11:30. We stayed two nights and he charged my credit card right then and there for the two nights. We didn't have access to a pool, ice machine, extra towels, etc. It was very quiet even being off a big road and there was a nice big lawn to the side that my daughter ran around in the morning.

I asked the gentleman for a breakfast recommendation as there is no access to food on the site. It took him a few moments and he suggested Friendly's down the street. We found a cool little shop even closer than Friendly's called Bagel's and Cake's for any of you who might stay at Clark's after reading this review.

We recommend this place with a warning... know what you're getting yourself into--time warp to the past.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We agree with travellers' choice of Clark's Motel as the #1 lodging in Geneva, mainly because it's such a bargain. We tried to book a B & B in the Finger Lakes region, but found nothing available, and the prices started around $120 (US) and went up from there. For half that price ($61) we were recommended to Clark's Motel, 10 huge rooms with comfortable beds in an older building extending back from Routes 5 & 20, about 2 miles west of Geneva. The units are numbered 1 to 10; the higher the number, the further it is from the highway. The units look out on to a private, park-like expanse of lawn, shaded by enormous trees; the overall effect is peace, quiet and beauty. For that price don't expect the amenities of a fancy hotel. With your king-sized bed you get a full bathroom (tub with shower), basic towels and bar soap (no kleenex), an older TV, desk and couch, and no phone or internet; but the table and bedside lamps are high wattage, and the window air conditioner is less noisy than at the Sleep Inn we stayed in the night before. The best thing about the motel is that it's squeaky clean. All in all, it lives up to the name of its owners, Les and Linda EXCELL, who have been running it for 29 years.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wafljo
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Was in Geneva for a family reunion over Memorial Day. I'm from Geneva and had always considered this motel one of those "notel - motels". However, since all the other hotels were booked due to the Lake Trout Derby, I decided that for one night, I could put up with almost anything - plus I had previously read good reviews). The rooms were very large, VERY clean and the beds comfortable. I didn't expect any amenities so wasn't disappointed in that arena. It was quiet during the night although we heard the people in the room next to us checking out the next morning. I particularly liked price - $61/night.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sqbonko
Logan, Ohio
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We found this motel on TripAdvisor. Its great! The owners are lovely people. The room was immaculate, beds very comfy and you can't beat the price. If you're looking for an escape from the cookie cutter chain hotels this is the place for you. Best part is you're supporting a locally owned business.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen R
Kayuta Lake
Reviewed 23 May 2010

We booked 2 rooms. Both were much larger than chain motels. Ours had a separate sitting area. Our friends were 4 to a room and they had a separate changing area. So if you don't know what is available, The owners will determine the best room for your needs. Great setting with a large lawn, gazebo, table and a wagon for interest. The weather was great so while waiting for others to wake, we sat in the gazebo with coffee from the convenience store across the street. New flat screen TVs in our 2 rooms.
The only down side was the shower didn't have much pressure.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 April 2010

I have 2 daughters in HWS and have usually stayed at chain the lake hotels (Ramada Hampton) which are up to 3 times as expensive. Also stayed at a B&B close to campus. Stayed at Motel 6 when doing a solo visit to get girls stuff (my wife would not stay at Motel 6). So I know the area. As for location, this hotel is a bit out of the way for visiting campus but my main beef is with the level of noise. The hotel was full when I was up last weekend. The patrons were leaving at all hours in the morning and I could hear ever bit of noise they were making starting at 5 AM, even from rooms far from mine. The banging of the drawers and doors and the chatter made it impossible to sleep. This is clearly a pre-fire code building because the walls are very thin. The bathroom floor had an old linoleum floor that was peeling and cracked, the shower enclosure was cracked, the rug seemed old and damp. There is no Wifi even though the other hotels have it.
That said the owners are very nice people and the male owner has 2 amazing WWI era plane models he built from scratch in the lobby. I wish I could write a better review because I like family ownership but I just need to advise unsuspecting travelers.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo