“Just Fine For What We Needed!”

Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glen Cove
Reviewed 10 October 2007

We just needed a hotel to stay at overnight while we were attending a nearby party. My husband got a good deal on Priceline so that's what brought us here.

The grounds are beautiful, the rooms were fine, nothing fancy. We didn't eat anything there but the room was clean and neat and was just what we needed.

They were having a wedding there the night we stayed there and the place looks like a big conference center/business meeting location.

All in all - no complaints.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center

Reviewed 20 September 2007

This hotel was the closest for LI wedding. Room was not ready when we arrived, which was fine as we were early, but we had to ask about luggage storage, ask about getting lunch, ask for a map- no help was offered. Lunch on the 3rd floor, no elevator. When the room was ready, we were not offered help with our bags, or told where we could use an elevator instead of stairs. Then the elevator to our room (way away from the lobby area) was broken. It was never really repaired while we were there. Room was OK, nothing special (we actually left that evening, didn't get a report on the state of the bed from my son!) Our hosts were very disappointed with the brunch the next morning- they said the food was not very good and the help was not helpful. I certainly would not recommend this place for overnight stays.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 31 August 2007

Our daughter's wedding reception was held at the Glen Cove Mansion. It was as close to perfect as humanly possible. The staff was warm and wonderful and very professional. The food was outstandingly presented.The chef was artistic and the portions were generous. The cocktail hour was held outside on the beautiful grounds as well as indoors for those guests who prefered to stay inside. The Viennese Table was sumptuous and very well displayed.
The only cautionary tale is that we did not pay enough attention to detail when it came to identifying the hotel rooms we wanted for our guests.We wrote nothing in our contract and consequently we were all booked into rooms that were very far away from the lobby and the wedding. It was unfortunate because we had booked over thirty-five rooms.
On a brighter note, "The Pub" was as fantastic as we had hoped it would be. It extended the life of the party for many hours, as we all hung out, played cards, listened to music and bonded long into the night. Then we all went safely back to our hotel rooms, without having to drive.
We forgive the hotel for closing the indoor pool that was promised. There were many disappointed children, but we understand renovations don't ever run on schedule. It would have been nice to have been told the truth about the closing. Instead we had to hear it on a rainy day, from one of our guests.
The bowling alley was also out of commission. Thinks break, but again no one bothered to inform us.
Realizing what is important in life, overall the Glen Cove Mansion is Excellent and we highly recommend it!

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank toonces123
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Beautiful Hotel as you drive up the private drive. The mansion is actually a mansion in front and additions are in the rear. So you will not actually being staying in a plush building. The rooms were nice, but mine had a restroom not cleaned entirely. The AC unit was dreadfully loud. Woke up at 3am and could not sleep any longer. The additional buildings are tiered so expect to walk down a series of steps depending on your assigned room. Breakfast is an additional 15 dollars. The Indoor pool was under construction. Outdoor pool was too cold to enjoy. 1/2 of the staff was helpful and the other half was useless. We got both. Parking is a distance from some rooms. Recommend a hilton or marriot....at least you get the points. I wasnt even asked how my stay was. Sooooo I'll place it here if they care to read.

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank schvamla
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Horrible customer service, terrible food, and rooms found lacking. Hotel tried to portray a high class atmosphere but failed on all aspects. Front desk guy was rude as well as manager. They made a mistake about getting me a cab from the airport instead of letting me get it myself. I had to wait over an hour and they did nothing to make up for my inconvienence. Actually paid double cab fair because of their mistake. Again, they did nothing to fix it.

We ordered room service and the food was terrible. The food was cold and not half way cooked. Clams and oyster appetizer smelled so bad I even took them to the front desk. The woman could not even stay in the room saying "this smell is going to make me sick." I don't think I would server something to a customer that would make one of my employees sick from just the smell.

I would not advise anyone to stay in the Glen Cove Mansion.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank sailwright
Reviewed 23 August 2007

Our stay at the Glen Cove Mansion was disappointing. We requested two queen beds but received only one. We got a ground floor room with no curtain on a window facing a street. The window had a hole in it, and it looked like it was a bullet hole. Maybe it was from a golf ball? When we requested a window covering, the staff brought a roll-away bed. We already had one of those. They said they didn't have a window covering. There was no shampoo and only two bath towels. When we requested extra shampoo, they brought conditioner instead. On the second attempt, they brought a large supply of shampoo. The staff member could not read English. There was no hot water in the shower. We had to be taken to our room in a van as it was a ways from the main building, and it was raining. I would not return to this hotel or recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank HappyCamper007
Reviewed 7 August 2007

-No room service for lunch or dinner and they advertise as a full-service hotel?

-Pool was only open for short amounts of time (a few hours in the morning, a few hours in the evening). Not ideal for a family traveling with kids who are looking for things to do while they are in the middle of no where!

-The only restaurant was a bar area and was up 3 flights of stairs. I had a baby with a stroller. There was no elevator to get up there and no one around to help.

-I heard the staff tell a guest checking in with children that the bowling alley is dangerous and even broke the hands of 2 different guests. They were warned not to let the kids use it. Just asking, but whose bright idea was it to keep the area open if it has a history of breaking bones?

-Cell phone service is spotty at best.

-In-room movies didn't work the entire time I was there.

-I was only 1 person with a baby, but was seated at a table set for 8 guests when I went to breakfast.

-Heard a guest ask what happened to the cookies at the front desk. The answer? They took them away due to budget cuts.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled on business
Oheka Castle
Oheka Castle
#1 of 3 in Huntington
Hilton Garden Inn Roslyn

Been to Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center? Share your experiences!